Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Islamic court permits pregnant woman to give birth before she is hanged

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was Archbishop Desmond Tutu who said something along the lines of "anybody who says that religion and politics don't mix is reading a different bible to the one that I am."

I didn't realise that his grammar was so poor.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
In Sudan? The frequency of public reprisals in Sudan suggests not.

My post was a reply to InbredX. I would, however, still say that in Sudan most Muslims are peaceful and desire to live peacefully. If the Sudanese are responsible for Omar al Bashir's actions, then, on the same reasoning, you are a war criminal for Tony Blair's deeds.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I didn't realise that his grammar was so poor.

I said "something along the lines of"..... I could not find the original quote. So if anybody's grammar is poor, it's mine. That's what a grammar school education does for you.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Where are you when a MAN does something you find abhorrent?

Do you not see the difference?

1) Near 2 billion muslims on the planet, some rules are used so evil keeps being acted out upon women - no other muslims stand up or say anything.

2) Someone random does something bad on the planet, I don't do anything save try and live my own life by a decent example.

How you see these two as the same is baffling.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Do you not see the difference?

1) Near 2 billion muslims on the planet, some rules are used so evil keeps being acted out upon women - no other muslims stand up or say anything.

2) Someone random does something bad on the planet, I don't do anything save try and live my own life by a decent example.

How you see these two as the same is baffling.

Fallacious, never suggested I see them the same, but continue your strawman argument. It's literally all you can argue, it's the same record everytime.

Shouldn't you be on prisonplanet reading on the latest NWO plot to enslave the world and commit mass murder?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
My post was a reply to InbredX. I would, however, still say that in Sudan most Muslims are peaceful and desire to live peacefully. If the Sudanese are responsible for Omar al Bashir's actions, then, on the same reasoning, you are a war criminal for Tony Blair's deeds.

Two points.

First, I am not personally responsible for Tony Blair, but the British electorate of 2005, of course, is. To an extent.

Second, I think it's unfair to equate Tony Blair's complicity in the Iraq invasion with public flogging done by both officials and members of the public in Sudan. The sad truth is that I think many in these communities see justification for this barbarism in their deluded interpretation of an ancient text.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Two points.

First, I am not personally responsible for Tony Blair, but the British electorate of 2005, of course, is. To an extent.

Second, I think it's unfair to equate Tony Blair's complicity in the Iraq invasion with public flogging done by both officials and members of the public in Sudan. The sad truth is that I think many in these communities see justification for this barbarism in their deluded interpretation of an ancient text.

Two points invasion of Iraq was 2003. The election date was therefore 2001.

Your thoughts on a country in turmoil are limited.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
some rules are used so evil keeps being acted out upon women - no other muslims stand up or say anything.

Are you deliberately ignoring the local people who protested outside the courthouse in Khartoum whilst this disgrace was being perpatrated inside? Are they not highly likely to be mostly Muslims? Or does the fact that they protested against a court perporting to be Islamic, for the freedom to choose religion, mean in your eyes that they cannot be Muslim themselves? Are there really no Muslims who are members of Amnesty or have joined social media campaigns? Should all the Muslims all over the world have showed up outside the courthouse on the day or issued personal statements to satisfy you?

Or have you just got a hate filled, stereotyping, divisive agenda?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Are you deliberately ignoring the local people who protested outside the courthouse in Khartoum whilst this disgrace was being perpatrated inside? Are they not highly likely to be mostly Muslims? Or does the fact that they protested against a court perporting to be Islamic, for the freedom to choose religion, mean in your eyes that they cannot be Muslim themselves? Are there really no Muslims who are members of Amnesty or have joined social media campaigns? Should all the Muslims all over the world have showed up outside the courthouse on the day or issued personal statements to satisfy you?

Or have you just got a hate filled, stereotyping, divisive agenda?

generally speaking - the horrors carried out on women in the name of mohammed are largely unmentioned by muslim communities.

I have no hate, nor am i keen to divise. Actually some Sufi books are the best books i ever read, and Islamic art is something i love.

You need to read the thread again and chill out.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
generally speaking - the horrors carried out on women in the name of mohammed are largely unmentioned by muslim communities.

I have no hate, nor am i keen to divise. Actually some Sufi books are the best books i ever read, and Islamic art is something i love.

You need to read the thread again and chill out.

Which of the Sufi books you read were your favourite?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Islam is based on peace and tolerance. Some fckwits have hi jacked it. If you go to the USA in the Christian Bible Belt you will see equal intolerance of any other religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here