Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISA Share Tipping

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I manage portfolios for a few clients. Medium to high risk investments. Made average of 15% gains last year.

I have some nice investment opportunities available....

The FTSE was up 14.4% in 2013. So, once you include dividends, your average performance failed to beat "the market". Given that your investments are "medium to high risk", why would someone pay money to you to achieve a poorer return, from riskier investments, than they can achieve in an index-tracker?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My portfolio increased 49% this last year and was balanced just towards safe. Why indeed pay an advisor?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
The FTSE was up 14.4% in 2013. So, once you include dividends, your average performance failed to beat "the market". Given that your investments are "medium to high risk", why would someone pay money to you to achieve a poorer return, from riskier investments, than they can achieve in an index-tracker?

I don't use the FTSE for medium to high risk as I prefer to select a few investments direct that carry commissions. I then pass that commission onto the client. Sometimes up to 15% of the investment sum.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't use the FTSE for medium to high risk as I prefer to select a few investments direct that carry commissions. I then pass that commission onto the client. Sometimes up to 15% of the investment sum.

Anything paying 15% commission is likely to be an unregulated scheme (UCIS) and by its nature high risk. The general public shouldn't touch these with a barge pole and the FCA now prohibit advisers from promoting such investments to them.

There is no investor protection and I have come across so many dodgy schemes in my job that nearly always end in tears with people unable to get their money back.

People should be very wary of anything investing in any fund that invests in foreign property, traded endowments, wine, carbon credits etc. These funds promise the earth and nearly always end in disaster.

If you are going to do it yourself use research from sites like Hargreaves Lansdown but never put too much in any one asset, otherwise let the professionals do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here