Is Zaha a possibility ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A fans bankrolling a club, seems familiar, twice, in fact – now for a 3rd time for us, although the Prem has alleviated the burden somewhat – to not bank rolled at all. :wave:

All our debts, over all the years we ‘cheated’ culminates to just 25% of your current debt, which you all seem to sweep under the carpet. It’s interest free and not secured, so obviously that is the get out of jail free card to take the moral high ground for you hypocrites. Anybody else was owed that debt the administrators would be called in – Bit like Bolton and all the other clubs under water with masses of debt. He won’t call-in his debt though because that is not in his interest obviously. So you’re safe to cast ill formed judgements on other clubs fans from your ivory towers.

Everyone else, Leicester, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Norwich, Hull, TBC.. be they run by fans or completely unscrupulous individuals are all cheats in some way or another according to NSC. Meanwhile, Brighton 2010 are the shining example of how to run a club. Accumulate debt that doesn’t have to be called in.

You are correct there is no comparison, your debt is humungous, and it grows. Tony will never write that debt off, it will keep growing and growing, maybe the odd bit for equity, etc. but he will have a plan to get 50%, 75% of 100% money back make no doubt about it. Be that through club sale, or a much longer term plan. Tony is a gambler – there should always be that doubt in the back of your mind.

Fun football fact: The first Football club to ever get a HMG High Court summons for failing to pay their bills. It was Brighton & Hove Albion.

Carry on burying your heads in the sand. Wax lyrical about concourse of the year, CEO of the year - which reminds me is he the Director on £700K a year? Or has Tony started already getting his money back?

Thanks for that Tome, as things stand if things go tits up TB will be very out of pocket. What you overlook is that when we didn't have the money we didn't spend it. TB chose to spend his money not somebody else's. Is that so hard to comprehend?

I don't really care what you as a club have done, my point is that our clubs are not vaguely similar in the way they have conducted themselves for the last 30 years :shrug:

The snidey little digs from Dougie and friends, who spend far too much time on here are irksome. I very seldom rise to their garbage, I must have had a bad day yesterday :smile:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
A fans bankrolling a club, seems familiar, twice, in fact – now for a 3rd time for us, although the Prem has alleviated the burden somewhat – to not bank rolled at all. :wave:

All our debts, over all the years we ‘cheated’ culminates to just 25% of your current debt, which you all seem to sweep under the carpet. It’s interest free and not secured, so obviously that is the get out of jail free card to take the moral high ground for you hypocrites. Anybody else was owed that debt the administrators would be called in – Bit like Bolton and all the other clubs under water with masses of debt. He won’t call-in his debt though because that is not in his interest obviously. So you’re safe to cast ill formed judgements on other clubs fans from your ivory towers.

Everyone else, Leicester, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Norwich, Hull, TBC.. be they run by fans or completely unscrupulous individuals are all cheats in some way or another according to NSC. Meanwhile, Brighton 2010 are the shining example of how to run a club. Accumulate debt that doesn’t have to be called in.

You are correct there is no comparison, your debt is humungous, and it grows. Tony will never write that debt off, it will keep growing and growing, maybe the odd bit for equity, etc. but he will have a plan to get 50%, 75% of 100% money back make no doubt about it. Be that through club sale, or a much longer term plan. Tony is a gambler – there should always be that doubt in the back of your mind.

Fun football fact: The first Football club to ever get a HMPG winding up order for failing to pay their bills. It was Brighton & Hove Albion.

Carry on burying your heads in the sand. Wax lyrical about concourse of the year, CEO of the year - which reminds me is he the Director on £700K a year? Or has Tony started already getting his money back?

:clap2: Spot on!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Fun football fact: The first Football club to ever get a HMPG winding up order for failing to pay their bills. It was Brighton & Hove Albion.

Just a couple of things. If Palace had not got promoted to the Prem, which at the time the club were losing around £8 million a season and being covered by the directors, How much debt would they be in today?

When the new Yanks joined the board at Palace, it was my understanding that all the directors put in £50 mill each to either get a new ground or improve Sh*theap Park. Is that not considered debt by Palace fans? or is it alright for directors to invest in Palace but if Bloom does it it is somehow cheating?

And for my information where did the information come from Brighton were the first to get a High Court Summons.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When the new Yanks joined the board at Palace, it was my understanding that all the directors put in £50 mill each to either get a new ground or improve Sh*theap Park. Is that not considered debt by Palace fans? or is it alright for directors to invest in Palace but if Bloom does it it is somehow cheating?

Of course it's ok, they're a bunch of hypocrites. Still, their club is only 6 years old so they can't really comment.

Cheese_Roll

May 19, 2009
The mighty Palace
Just a couple of things. If Palace had not got promoted to the Prem, which at the time the club were losing around £8 million a season and being covered by the directors, How much debt would they be in today?

Debt would be covered and offset, against Player sales. Like we always have. The debt to directors which I assume would be a loan note like yours sat on the accounts. But a nominal value, split between four people.... they'd possibly be a million a year to each.. Our philosophy was building the academy, for the future, and players continue to come through it. It’s less effective in The Prem, but fantastic in the Championship. Also getting players from non-league / lower league. The year we went up - thanks to Zaha sale we made a profit. If he hadn’t have gone permanently that window he definitely would have the following season. Bolasie would have been next, Jedi, etc. and then we would have gone down the leagues to find the next one, , if we didn’t have a good enough kid in that position. It’s a repeat process – I’m just annoyed we had to sell Clyne and Moses too. But needs must, in the positions we were in at the time.

What debt, what £50m each? Is this a sun headline. No facts at all. Parish wont be spending £50m of his own money.... no way. All that has happened so far is that the two American investors, have bought-out a stake in our club - which means they are now on the board. I don't even know how much their purchase was. But the investment two of our owners made were repaid handsomely, and they've reduced their holding. The ground will be one thing - and years away.

The Americans as far as I know, have massive expertise in Sports stadia (might hear something about this in next couple of weeks) and also in marketing and distribution worldwide - which they have probably on the case with for 6 months. Parish had contacts from all sorts of people on a daily basis for the past three years. But these are the only ones who he vetted and deemed fit to come on board for the journey.

And Brighton cheating? I have never mentioned Brighton cheating. I have only pointed out the hypocrisy in referring to Palace (and other clubs) as cheats. But you sound self-conscious about it.

Point made - will now leave you in peace!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What debt, what £50m each? Is this a sun headline. No facts at all. Parish wont be spending £50m of his own money.... no way. All that has happened so far is that the two American investors, have bought-out a stake in our club - which means they are now on the board. I don't even know how much their purchase was. But the investment two of our owners made were repaid handsomely, and they've reduced their holding. The ground will be one thing - and years away.
!

I really do not understand how you can comment on the financial running of other clubs when you are not aware of your own clubs financing.

Crystal Palace have completed a deal by which the American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer take a large stake in the club.

The duo, who already own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, will join the chairman, Steve Parish, in control at Selhurst Park.

A statement from the club said: “Crystal Palace Football Club is delighted to announce that it has today signed a deal with investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer. The deal will see chairman Steve Parish, Josh Harris and David Blitzer take control of the club in a general partnership structure.

“They will be joined by a number of other investors in a limited partnership that will include current CPFC2010 shareholders, Stephen Browett, Jeremy Hosking and Martin Long, who will all retain a substantial shareholding.

“All shareholders have agreed an initial £50m injection of capital for the development of the stadium, with more to follow. This will give fans the first-class facilities they deserve
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/18/crystal-palace-us-investment-josh-harris

I make that all 6 shareholders putting in £50 mill each = £300 mill. More than TB's investment

Last edited:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
89aa33644417237c0a73655334a1166e.jpg
nearly home time..

Your holiday home?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I really do not understand how you can comment on the financial running of other clubs when you are not aware of your own clubs financing.

Crystal Palace have completed a deal by which the American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer take a large stake in the club.

The duo, who already own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, will join the chairman, Steve Parish, in control at Selhurst Park.

A statement from the club said: “Crystal Palace Football Club is delighted to announce that it has today signed a deal with investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer. The deal will see chairman Steve Parish, Josh Harris and David Blitzer take control of the club in a general partnership structure.

“They will be joined by a number of other investors in a limited partnership that will include current CPFC2010 shareholders, Stephen Browett, Jeremy Hosking and Martin Long, who will all retain a substantial shareholding.

All shareholders have agreed an initial £50m injection of capital for the development of the stadium, with more to follow. This will give fans the first-class facilities they deserve
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/18/crystal-palace-us-investment-josh-harris

I make that all 6 shareholders putting in £50 mill each = £300 mill. More than TB's investment

Isn't there a missing word here? The word being "each".

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Well it isn't...A lot of effort for a load of tosh...Keep cheating, its what you are good at!

Unfortunately for Albion as proved in May 2013 your cheating (like trying to delay the Palace kit coach from getting to the changing-room, backfired on you.

Literally in that case..

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Unfortunately for Albion as proved in May 2013 your cheating (like trying to delay the Palace kit coach from getting to the changing-room, backfired on you.

Literally in that case..

Another load of tosh...Keep on cheating guys!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
So you DENY that the coach was deliberately held up? Keep denying.. Gus didn't.

Keep cheating...If that did happen it is infinitely worse than what you lot have got up to! Keep cheating!

You lot gonna do the Iceland clap? Well your 20 spotty geeks dressed in black?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Literally in that case..

Are you one of these people who doesn't understand what "literally" means?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, he didn't. He was second. I'm sure i've already put you right on this once before, unless it's a Palace thing to ignore facts?

View attachment 76909

Strange that nobody's commented on the bare statistic that old Blind Alley Zaha made by far the most unsuccessful dribbles in the PL last season :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports