Is your glass half-full or half-empty?

How is YOUR glass?

• Half-full: 2 defeats in 11

Votes: 77 51.3%
  • Half-empty: 1 win in 11

Votes: 73 48.7%

• Total voters

Dec 29, 2011
Oddly optimistic. I recall the great Gus side struggling to convert draws into wins and then it came together when Ulloa arrived. I am fairly confident the same can happen again.

The difference being, under Gus we'd have about 5 clear cut chances, hit the bar at least once in the game and never look like conceeding more than one goal. We were very close to being a good side, and our 4th place finish reflected that. We are getting draws under Hyypia but now we're the team weather the storm on a weekly basis.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Optimistic so half full. We did alright today. The players showed character in coming from behind and I think we'll stay up, which is this seasons priority now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Half empty, but getting slightly better now that we're playing full backs as, err, full backs. Nonetheless, 18 from 18 is relegation form. However, I have some small comfort from 5 from 3. Maybe the dizzy heights of mid-table mediocrity is not beyond us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Always half full (still think we should probably ditch Hyppia though)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree re: 'half-full', interested about the replacement should we ditch Sami?

No idea mate. Can't think of anyone particularly inspiring. I think I'd go for another young ex player like we did with Gus. Don't ask me who though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Half-empty. Ditch Sami, and my glass will be half-full again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Has to be half empty. We need wins and on current form we'll go down, simple as that. So unless you're happy with that, not sure how it can be half full.

It's not a lost cause by any means and can be turned round, but brave draws aren't good enough at the moment because of the results up to this point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were superb today but those silly mistakes cost us the game, I am convinced Dunk would have prevented their equaliser.

Half-full for me

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm still relatively cheery of our survival and sometime stylings. The side will be surely tweaked come window wine, but confidence should be slightly up at the minute and a cheeky couple of wins should get us on a run. Doom and gloom with elements of life at the minute, but not the Albion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i want to be positive, but really it has to be half empty on that analysis. its just not enough, we can t keep drawing to stay up, especially when we should have been contending at the other end.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
half full.....3-3 at Norwich is not a BAD result.....half empty... their second and third goals were down to "lapses", we need three quality players , top class striker , centre mid and centre back ,( ie a spine) something amiss with Greer currently.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We were superb today but those silly mistakes cost us the game, I am convinced Dunk would have prevented their equaliser.

Half-full for me

You mean those silly mistakes we practically make every game?

Get rid of this idiot Hyypia and my glass will be over spilling

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
half full.....3-3 at Norwich is not a BAD result.....half empty... their second and third goals were down to "lapses", we need three quality players , top class striker , centre mid and centre back ,( ie a spine) something amiss with Greer currently.

Nothing really wrong with our midfield or defence. Just need a striker and a proper manager.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Half is a lot of hot air

Does it move? (Engineer and barmaid's reply.)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nothing really wrong with our midfield or defence. Just need a striker and a proper manager.

we all have our own opinions......just look at the squads of players that other championship teams have ....we need a replacement for crofts or we need to give ince testosterone treatment , we need a quality cb seeing as we gave elphick and cook away( bournemouth must be pissing themselves) greer and hughes are not long term propositions , and we need an ARIEL threat up front....seeing as were all about whipping the ball across...!! what are we actually whipping it across to...? nothing at the moment..! still say 3-3 is a great result.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You mean those silly mistakes we practically make every game?

Get rid of this idiot Hyypia and my glass will be over spilling

you nailed it....Hyypia isn't on the pitch is he , so he can't be blamed for mistakes and lapses....the players need to kop for those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here