Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like many of your posts this is just a verbal diarrhea mish mash of slogans and your own biased opinions. You'll get a few likes from people on 'your side' because of the general tone, and there won't be any dissent because most people don't have the time or inclination to pick it all apart.

The only interesting thing is your use of right wing populism in a derogatory way. Most of your speil is just left wing populism, you're literally the opposite cheek of the same arse, shouting across the hole because the other cheek has a different opinion.
Talking of word salads!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don’t like to use the word thick. I know people who are perfectly intelligent but make wrong choices as they are misinformed and don’t check check sources of information.

I'm with you on this but would add that our inherent biases play a major role. People tend to seek information that supports their worldview and if they come up against info that challenges it, it's often discounted or not sufficiently taken on board. Counter evidence can even strengthen someone's previous belief.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Like many of your posts this is just a verbal diarrhea mish mash of slogans and your own biased opinions. You'll get a few likes from people on 'your side' because of the general tone, and there won't be any dissent because most people don't have the time or inclination to pick it all apart.

The only interesting thing is your use of right wing populism in a derogatory way. Most of your speil is just left wing populism, you're literally the opposite cheek of the same arse, shouting across the hole because the other cheek has a different opinion.

But he's correct in saying anti-wokery has been weaponised by the right, isn't he? We see examples of it all the time. There are newspapers and TV channels ostensibly dedicated to a war on woke. Obviously, it's the right that are in power too so, based on their track record, a derogatory tone is understandable.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Isn’t Woke just the opposite of Gammon?

I hate labels. They are so pointless and just reinforce polar thinking.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Manufactured by those on the right to distract us from all the sh*t that's going on.

Woke = awake and aware. I'm happy to be woke.

Yup (dredging up an old reply, but I 100% agree with it). "Woke" is a term that has been created by the hard right in order to obfuscate. They can run an "anti-woke" campaign, because "woke" is a very generic term and if they get called out on anything specific they can simply wave it away by saying "that's not what we meant". But when you look at what being "woke" is all about ... no one in their right mind would expect to win an election campaigning on being against inclusivity and diversity. But that's exactly what the anti-woke brigade are trying to do behind the obfuscation of demonising "woke culture".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here