Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Will Buckley Brighton's greatest ever player??

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No.

He's good, but he needs to either show the consistency or the true class.

For true class one would have to say Bobby Smith was probably the greatest player to pull on an Albion shirt. Lawrenson also.

Horton and Foster were also class. Zamora for my money still outweighs Buckley. Ward was immense - but I think with a bit of consistency Buckley could be his equal. Let's give him another couple of seasons and make the call then.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If we keeps scoring important quality goals for the next couple of seasons then it's a big YES

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Personally I think he's been utter shite. Does f*** all most of the time and fancies himself rotten. A poor man's Zaha and that's saying something because Zaha is toilet too. Useless, the pair of them. Much prefer Dicker. And Barnes. And what does Harley have to do to get a game? At times Poyet astounds me with his team selection. Spunky git got away with it again today.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Slightly off topic, but can anyone confirm how old Buckley actually is? Wiki and club site say 22 but article in Argus the other day and another site say 24???

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Slightly off topic, but can anyone confirm how old Buckley actually is? Wiki and club site say 22 but article in Argus the other day and another site say 24???

22 well and truly!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No.

He's good, but he needs to either show the consistency or the true class.

For true class one would have to say Bobby Smith was probably the greatest player to pull on an Albion shirt. Lawrenson also.

Horton and Foster were also class. Zamora for my money still outweighs Buckley. Ward was immense - but I think with a bit of consistency Buckley could be his equal. Let's give him another couple of seasons and make the call then.

Very surprised you think he hasn't been consistent. He's had one poor game this season by my reckoning. The only other players i've seen as consistent are Kusczak and El-Abd.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Not even close! Unplayable on his day, its just a shame his day doesn't come around often enough. He is very frustrating when not on song.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I just hope we can keep him fit for the 1st Dec, he is going to proper terrorize their defense and show up the third best player in the world..

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Very surprised you think he hasn't been consistent. He's had one poor game this season by my reckoning. The only other players i've seen as consistent are Kusczak and El-Abd.

Consistency is a lot more than just the games of this season. I'm talking about consistency over a few seasons.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Consistency is a lot more than just the games of this season. I'm talking about consistency over a few seasons.

Fair enough. But despite his injuries he was our best player last season too. Mr Consistent in my book, Mr Brilliant and no reason to think he won't do it going forward. Even when we've played badly Buckley has almost always shone. He oozes class and I think if he had been fully fit since he signed, we wouldn't even be debating it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We've had regular internationals, players who could cut it in the top level of our domestic league and players leave us for top prem sides.

Buckley is none of these ...... YET

So its a no from me.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Buckers is already in the top 20 for me and he's easily got the potential to be at the top one day. However, as much as I love him, he's still got a fair way to go before he eclipses the likes of Ward, Zamora, Horton

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Buckers is already in the top 20 for me and he's easily got the potential to be at the top one day. However, as much as I love him, he's still got a fair way to go before he eclipses the likes of Ward, Zamora, Horton

Be brave Gus and play him you know where

D

Deleted member 2719

He really is going in the right direction and i would say he excites me just like an early Ward, Zamora didn't excite me as he seemed to score from half chances and not pace, but he was class.

I just hope he can stay in the stripes for a few seasons to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here