Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tony Bloom our manager?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Maybe so he could take the Sunderland job. Don't know just a guess. Maybe got a big payout to keep stum. Have no idea, but his autobiography will be worth a read!!

The claim in itself would not have stopped Gus taking another post and he didn't get a payout. It appears Gus probably chose to drop the action on legal advice because he was unlikely to succeed (and/or Sunderland may have made it a condition of his employment offer...).

Also I thought a 'settlement' was reached by which Albion would not seek legal costs from Gus that had been accrued as a result of his claim? If this is the case then it is highly likely the agreement included a confidentiality clause, in which case Gus' book may well be a lot quieter on the subject than you hope.

I'm guessing too mind you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah but if it was such a farce why did Gus drop his Tribunal claim? He said he hoped it would end up in court so the truth could come out but he ultimately decided not to pursue it and quietly accepted his dismissal. Makes you wonder.

Almost as if there was a gentlemen's settlement.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The whole 'gross misconduct' saga was very strange.

If, as most seem to accept, GP wanted to leave the club what was the point of going through that strange procedure? An agreement could easily have been made where the club agreed to let GP leave without any monetary claim by either side. After all this was the ultimate settlement.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The whole 'gross misconduct' saga was very strange.

If, as most seem to accept, GP wanted to leave the club what was the point of going through that strange procedure? An agreement could easily have been made where the club agreed to let GP leave without any monetary claim by either side. After all this was the ultimate settlement.

GP could have resigned (like OG) but chose not to. Looks like he failed to engineer a payoff and incurred legal costs etc as a result. He'd have been better off just walking away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here