Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight's result actually that bad

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry if this has been said already but I am not sure tonight is as bad a result as it seems. It was definitely a poor performance but we play better away from home, Luton will have to attack more leaving them more open at the back and we will have a stronger side with players back from injury (and hopefully new signings) by the second leg.

Also, on the bright side, we are potentially 90 minutes from Wembley!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry if this has been said already but I am not sure tonight is as bad a result as it seems. It was definitely a poor performance but we play better away from home, Luton will have to attack more leaving them more open at the back and we will have a stronger side with players back from injury (and hopefully new signings) by the second leg.

Also, on the bright side, we are potentially 90 minutes from Wembley and Orient conceded a last minute equaliser!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not as such, I mean it just reduces it to 90 minutes and penalties, Luton were not very good so the new manager has every chance of taking us to Wembley.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
not a bad result..........a f***ing awful one!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
or 90 minutes away from missing a great chance to play at Wembley because Adams can't muster any imagatation, tatics or postive attacking football at home to a very much average league 2 and instead relying on getting a result away from home

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
it's a draw that feels like a defeat because that was a chance for the club to get one foot in a Wembley final and for our season to kick on, and we BLEW it.

Not nice to hear Sky describing Luton as "now having a tremendous chance to revisit Wembley for the first time in 15 years".

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a good result but definately not a disaster,and going by all the negative score forecasts b4 the game im sure to those that predicted a loss for us it must feel like a great result eh

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is the RESULT that bad? Probably not as bad as people are making out.

Was the PERFORMANCE that bad? Without a shadow of a doubt. Woeful.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you took a neutral supporter and sat them down in front of tonight's match, I guarantee they would have been unable to tell which was the League 1 team and which was the League 2 team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why am I mug and what did I say that was untrue? We do play better away from home and we will have players back for the second leg thus a better chance of winning. I did not say we played well just that the result was not a disaster.

Because at no point should a 0-0 with an average league 2 side at home, 1 game away from Wembley, be considered an ok result.

If its got to that stage we should really just give up the ghost and resign ourselves to relegation. (I don't think you're a mug btw)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We are RUBBISH at holding on to a lead. So we don't go to Luton with that burden hanging around our neck.

That tho possibly tongue in cheek is a very good point,i strangely feel that a 1-0 to us tonight would have basicly said to luton you must attack and score,and when teams play like that against us they do and lots :lol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes when did we last get anything from a home game? Millwall. Since then we have won at Swindon, drawn at Oldham, unlucky at Tranmere. Barring the obvious couple, I think our away performances have definitely been better this seson.
Swindon was the only away game I've been to since September, but from what I've heard on the radio, been told by people I know who've been, read on here, and the straight statistics of the thing I'm not sure we really are. Besides which, better is a relative term. We've won 2 at home, 3 away. It doesn't make for happy reading on either front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here