Is tomorrow going to be a dreadful day with a certain departure?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Where did I say he wasn't happy???..I think there are more questions than answers with Vicente to be honest.

You made yourself look like one of the biggest cocks in NSC history with your Vicente ramblings last season (and have done little to change that position since). Are you really wanting to head down that road again?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I don't know your source, but I trust it 1000 times more than the attention-seeking wind-up no-mark that started this thread.

Perhaps he's going to tell us about the press conference on Radio Sussex?

And who'll surely at last be banned when Piquione doesn't actualy sign?

My source is actually not that well known on here. He's known as Common Sense (funny name I know). My Mr Common Sense says these things:
1) Vicente extends contract.
2) Vicente returns to training happily and willingly.
3) Vicente says in an interview he wouldnt mind staying a "few more years".

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
I bumped into Vicente at Tesco in Hove tonight... he was with two Spanish mates and they bought fruit, veg, tortilla wraps and chicken. Unfortunately it was only enough food to feed three lads for one evening and not a weekly or even fortnightly shop...

I asked if he wouldn't mind me interrupting his food shopping to have picture with my 4 year old boy... he politely accepted. Unfortunately my son (who must have thought it was strange that I was excitedly asking to him have a picture taken with a strange man) flatly refused.

I would have asked if he was staying, but my Spanish is shit.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Everyone must know by now that PSB spouts shit everytime about transfers.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The OP and ex member was picking up on a few bits of conjecture.

There is a fairly plausible view though that is, Vicente didn't want to come back here and we forced the contract on him so he has no choice. It's dressed up publicly as stuff to do with Mrs and new child which all sounds reasonable. Vicente is totally pissed so throws a sicky and can't play. Gus figures it out and eventually waves the white flag so he can go back, but might hold on to his contract so he can't play till next year, or maybe to avoid any binfest in the media just lets him get on with it and play for Elche or whoever.

Transfer deadline has nothing to do with it, he'll wait and see I think, may even let him go back on loan if he's not so bitter as to prevent him playing

Hope I'm wrong about this but until he plays a full 90 minutes I won't think otherwise

As for flogging him no chance that I can see unless Elche give some token compensation. His injury record is little better than Hargreaves plus it's widely known that his injuries are difficult to find and near impossible to treat (pre middle of last season) and he's made no secret of his desire to be in Spain (at least he wanted to 8 weeks ago)

I think he's a brilliant player, with our new set up, and a much more positive approach I can only see him being a huge asset but .................

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports