Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is today still Christmas for you?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The whole Xmas thing gets in the way. It was over yesterday, and can do one for another twelve months.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have been retired for ages, so don't have to get back to work.
I enjoy the gradual build up to Christmas, but once the day has been and gone, it is the beginning of the end of the Christmas feeling.Nice to enjoy a quiet time relaxing, eating and drinking, but come New Year's Day, all the decs come down and that is that. Dry January starts as does the diet and a week of pure misery until the old body gets over the shock!
Have to say, I fu----g hate New Year's Eve and usually go up to bed early and watch a film on 'catch up' .
Miserable Git.:D

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Spent today getting the tree down and decs away. Kids have gone back to their own homes so pointless keeping them up any longer. Roll on Easter - and yes I have noticed the shops already selling Easter Eggs!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'd extend it to 12th night.

I've had to work Christmas eve till past 11 pm, and Boxing day from 10.00 am when I was young and hard up so, now I don't have to do that, I milk it.

I do find it odd that people put the deccies up in November yet take them down the day after Boxing day. If it weren't for expectations in my family I'd put the deccies up Christmas eve but keep them up till 12th night.

But it's all good :thumbsup:

I was explaining this to my young kitchen porter as we watched the restaurant get shorn of it's glittery tat today.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Did the cooking/hosting lark on Christmas day, relaxed for most of yesterday after finally getting round to installing the dishwasher, loaded that up and ended up passing out in bed after watching the football.

Back in work from this morning but as we're running a Saturday service until the new year there is a very strange feeling at work.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Being self-employed means that Holidays are a bit of a nebulous concept, unless Mrs Jakarta drags me out of my Office!

Done a fair bit of work today while suffering the England/Saffer Cricket, very nice to not have any phone calls to disturb me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes very much so. Not back at work until the 2nd so enjoying it to the full. Been at the pub in the afternoon and now eating all the turkey and remaining nibbles. More Christmas football tomorrow. Love it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Tree is still up (artifical) - and if I win the Lottery before the Twelfth Night I'll just drag it into the back garden and set fire to the fecking thing... Four hours to put up and decorate, and nobody gives a toss in our house anyway. It was just a good excuse to drink a bottle of wine and listen to MTV Christmas Hits on the telly in the background.

For me, Christmas is over and can knack off for another year. Ta Ta.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have been retired for ages, so don't have to get back to work.
I enjoy the gradual build up to Christmas, but once the day has been and gone, it is the beginning of the end of the Christmas feeling.Nice to enjoy a quiet time relaxing, eating and drinking, but come New Year's Day, all the decs come down and that is that. Dry January starts as does the diet and a week of pure misery until the old body gets over the shock!
Have to say, I fu----g hate New Year's Eve and usually go up to bed early and watch a film on 'catch up' .
Miserable Git.:D

I’ve always thought that NYE is a bit of an anti climax, when I was growing up it had little significance outside of Scotland, now it’s another date over-hyped. Escaped that to an extent this year by being away on holiday.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I took the tree and decorations down on Christmas morning after I got back home from dropping the children off at their mum's house.

:down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still hanging onto the festive vibe here, but the decorations come down today.

The chocolate mountain may well last until Easter however.

Anyone else still going?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I took the tree and decorations down on Christmas morning after I got back home from dropping the children off at their mum's house.

:down:

:(

Sorry - my post above looks a bit tone-deaf and heartless now. I just found the thread and lazily made my post before reading what was written above.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:(

Sorry - my post above looks a bit tone-deaf and heartless now. I just found the thread and lazily made my post before reading what was written above.

Ah, thanks Bozza but no need to apologise; onwards and upwards for 2020 :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here