Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the most positive NSC has ever been?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Maybe.... Possibly things were just as positive during the times we were smashing League One, if not more so.

The atmosphere now is positive, but also incredibly surreal. Think we're all pinching ourselves expecting to wake up any day.

We're currently watching the greatest Albion team of all time, world class players, wonder kids. The footballing world is paying attention for a change. Of course NSC and all Brighton fans are relishing this amazing period... And the most wonderful thing about it is that it seems like it could all get even better...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It was almost in meltdown when we were losing 2-1 to Leicester. “De Zerbi has been found out! Rodgers has cracked the code now everyone will do it! De Zerbi ball no longer works!”

Things seem wonderful now. Give it a Bournemouth goal or two and it’ll be as case of “as you were”.
it is amazing how one game can lead to a complete 180 view on the state of the team.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You wait until we drop down to seventh after tonights match...it'll be the start of a meltdown of biblical proportions

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just looking at all the threads on the main board, and almost every thread is positive.

Has there ever been a time like this before? Even in the seasons where we walked League One I can remember a lot of "I WISH WE'D JUST GET IT FORWARD THAT'S WHERE THE GOAL IS" type of threads.

NSC must be the most positive fans messageboard in the country at the moment. I wonder whether this means more or less traffic for @Bozza

At least things will be back to normal tomorrow eve after Bournemouth stick 11 men behind the ball and nick a completely undeserved victory.
Yeah I was thinking that. On everything, whilst we're all not always in total agreement, we're all pretty much on the same page. (Albion-wise only. Still plenty of disagreement on other topics!)

Obviously it helps immensely that this is the greatest-ever Albion team in our greatest-ever era. And not only 'great' by our own limited historical standards, but we are genuinely seen as 'good' in the wider global football context; the amount of praise and acknowledgement we get from all quarters is truly staggering. I think it helps even more though that at this moment we're still basking in the glow of beating Liverpool (again) and telling Arsenal where to shove their £75m.

However as you suggest, poor performances against Bournemouth and Palace and this slightly unreal air will start to dissipate. And the Park and Ride was full. And I had to queue for 40 minutes for a pie. Which was cold.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't really monitor this stuff at all, but taking a quick look, January 2023 was 14.5% busier than January 2022 (3,203,499 pageviews v 2,797,478), however looking at the chart, I think that was largely due to Caicedo-gate at the end of the month.

View attachment 156595
Will be interesting if it drops significantly for example, over the next 30 days

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Preferred the early part of the century flounces over Withdean parking

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lo and behold there aren't any issues transport, at the moment, either!!!
Yes There Is Will Ferrell GIF by filmeditor

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will be interesting if it drops significantly for example, over the next 30 days
I think it will as transfer windows are always the busiest time, which is why a like-for-like comparison with the same month last year is probably a good benchmark.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If an Albion game is won on a Saturday, then love is in the air on NSC, all week till the following Saturday.
If however we loooooooose a game on a Saturday, then the doom merchants come out, plagues and end of the world stuff.

Me personally, I'm normally go with the flow, unless we have obvious decisions go against us.
How say you.........???

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If an Albion game is won on a Saturday, then love is in the air on NSC, all week till the following Saturday.
If however we loooooooose a game on a Saturday, then the doom merchants come out, plagues and end of the world stuff.

Me personally, I'm normally go with the flow, unless we have obvious decisions go against us.
How say you.........???
I say, as long as we play as well as we know we can, then a win is on the cards....no matter who the opposition is. If we don't win, I'm happy if we've performed well, which seems to be the norm, recently.
*touch wood.

I'm expecting a convincing win, tomorrow.

(Please don't come back to haunt me...)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need a

‘Big Balls’ banner.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Come back tomorrow post match :lolol:
This.

Much as I've tried otherwise, my positivity concerning the Albion always resolves around our results.

Despite sticking it up Liverpool twice in 2 weeks I have been worrying about how we will fare against Bournemouth since Ferguson limped off.

Glass half empty I am afraid.🍙

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
This.

Much as I've tried otherwise, my positivity concerning the Albion always resolves around our results.

Despite sticking it up Liverpool twice in 2 weeks I have been worrying about how we will fare against Bournemouth since Ferguson limped off.

My glass will still be half full, even if the unthinkable happens and we draw (or lose) tomorrow. These are truly great times.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This.

And people disagreed we are now relying on an 18yr old.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe it's coincided with the departure/NSC holiday of the Swedish pizza box botherer and GPott superfan?

Whether people agreed or disagreed with him/his involvement in the forum, he certainly created an air of division. IMO, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here