Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the most likeable Albion team we've ever had?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
To answer that truly and without bias you have to look at how fans of others clubs view the current team now and how they did view us. Since Hughtons taken charge, there's definitely been an upshot in the amount of people I've met who support other Championship clubs who have said they want Brighton to do well and get to the Premier League and even on other clubs equivalent of NSC you now regularly see threads where people are highly complimentary on the football the team plays and sometimes go as far as to say that they want their club to be more like Brighton. So is this the most likeable Albion team we've ever had? Probably yes, otherwise every other club has become far more unattractive.

Last edited:

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I agree that the team seems to consist of a bunch of down to earth, likable guys.

However, there is one player that gets on my nerves... Kaz. I don't like him ever since I witnessed him demand a table immediately in a full Nandos restaurant. And he's only our fifth choice winger now anyway!

I think if I spent as much money /time at Nandos as Kaz does I'd expect the red carpet treatment

el punal

To answer that truly and without bias you have to look at how fans of others clubs view the current team now and how they did view us. Since Hughtons taken charge, there's definitely been an upshot in the amount of people I've met who support other Championship clubs who have said they want Brighton to do well and get to the Premier League and even on other clubs equivalent of NSC you now regularly see threads where people are highly complimentary on the football the team plays and sometimes go as far as to say that they want their club to be more like Brighton. So is this the most likeable Albion team we've ever had? Probably yes, otherwise every other club has become far more unattractive.

I think it's fair to say that the Albion, both as a team and a club, are ticking all the right boxes at present with other football clubs and their fans. Many think we were very unlucky to miss out on promotion on points difference last season. The high regard Chris Hughton is held in, both as a manager and a gentleman, is another factor. The style of play that the team adopt is seen as a template for other clubs to emulate is another point that's acknowledged. And, finally, as shown in the last few days, the wonderful team spirit that is so apparent will probably make other clubs green with envy - the one huge asset that no amount of money can buy but every club craves.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Oh how horrible. Did he use the "do you know who I am?" line? And did they? And did he get his table? Still, shouldn't judge him on a single anecdote, perhaps he'd just had a bad day.
Haha, that's the exact line he used.

A random voice from the restaurant responded with "An overpaid benchwarmer." Kaz proceeded to walk out and drive off.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I
I think it's testament to the other players that a character like Calde, who's virtuousness sits somewhere between that Mother Teresa and Ghandi,

Mother Theresa was a right old bitch, have you never read The Missionary Position by Christopher Hitchens? As for Gandhi, well he was a racist old scrote.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In a word, probably, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here