Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the most eagerly anticipated Palace fixture ever?....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Jeez!

Isn't this an Albion football forum and aren't they our biggest rival?

What sort of threads do you expect to find?

Very much this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you can't get excited about the idea of knocking Palace off the top of the table you haven't been following the Albion long enough to remember when we regularly dicked the "team of the Eighties".

Undoubtably the most anticipated since then for me, if you can only look forward to a game against the scum when we are favourites, it's a bit of a cop out to me. You are gonna be in seventh heaven if we beat them, better than any football experience you have had. If we lose you are going to be depressed for a week. If we draw you are gonna feel a bit of an anti climax. Just IMO with loads of experience of playing Palace when we were both at the top of or near the top of the table. The atmosphere will be electric, shame we are limited in numbers. Bring it on !!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Surely that will make it extra sweet IF we beat them?....

Oh completely.....just don't think we will! That said form goes out of the window when it comes to derby games so who knows.

Bumped in to a lad I used to play football with who follows Palace in the supermarket yesterday and he said it's already been agreed that we will be kept in for 20 mins after the game. No idea if that is true or not? If it is it's either going to be brilliant or awful. The 5-0 game was probably the most depressing police "kettle" (I believe that is new expression these days) I've ever been in.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No it isn't.

When you say "ever", do you actually mean "since the last one"?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Only on NSC, thread after thread it's becoming a bit of an embarrassing obsession

People on here have been saying 'it's becoming embarrassing...' for over ten years. When will it actually 'be embarrassing'?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey it seems that some of you have given up before we play them, are you sure that you want to be an Abion fan?.... Sheesh now that IS embarrassing

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Currently there are 3 threads in the Palace BBS home end that have Brighton in the title-

The away end may as well be named "The Brighton end"

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Perfectly put IG.....

If you can't get excited about the idea of knocking Palace off the top of the table you haven't been following the Albion long enough to remember when we regularly dicked the "team of the Eighties".

Undoubtably the most anticipated since then for me, if you can only look forward to a game against the scum when we are favourites, it's a bit of a cop out to me. You are gonna be in seventh heaven if we beat them, better than any football experience you have had. If we lose you are going to be depressed for a week. If we draw you are gonna feel a bit of an anti climax. Just IMO with loads of experience of playing Palace when we were both at the top of or near the top of the table. The atmosphere will be electric, shame we are limited in numbers. Bring it on !!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey ti seems that some of you have given up before we play them, are you sure that you want to be an Abion fan.. Sheesh

I bet they look away when a penalty is taken too :lol:

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
No, Palace are flying (unbeaten in 3 months, most of which are victories, (Murray) scoring for fun, great at home, new manager, have the greatest player in the world EVER!!) we are at best bumbling along (last minute winner against the bottom side, couldn't beat 10 men, have struggled to score, started to ship goals, picked up a few key injuries).

Yes I appreciate that is a glass half empty way of looking at it but I'm really not looking forward to it as I think we're going to get beat. Just want to get it out of the way.

So apart from the obvious two can we honestly say that we'd take any of their players over ours??

Why can't we go there and win? Someone has to

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh completely.....just don't think we will! That said form goes out of the window when it comes to derby games so who knows.

Bumped in to a lad I used to play football with who follows Palace in the supermarket yesterday and he said it's already been agreed that we will be kept in for 20 mins after the game. No idea if that is true or not? If it is it's either going to be brilliant or awful. The 5-0 game was probably the most depressing police "kettle" (I believe that is new expression these days) I've ever been in.
it is true, it was reported on hear a while back and is one of the main reasons I'm not going.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't recall any period when we "regularly" beat Palarse. Most of the time they seem to have been annoyingly in a higher division than us, and when we have played them I don't think the results have been particulaly positive - although reality might be quite different to my perception because I can't be bothered to actually check this.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't recall any period when we "regularly" beat Palarse. Most of the time they seem to have been annoyingly in a higher division than us, and when we have played them I don't think the results have been particulaly positive - although reality might be quite different to my perception because I can't be bothered to actually check this.

Not beating us at home for the WHOLE of the late seventies and early eighties in a league match would suggest that you are very wrong. I haven't actually checked this but it is my recollection. I also remember winning at their place quite often :shrug: This was the last time that were on an equal footing, normal service is about to resume...

I vaguely remember them winning some Sherpa van type trophy at the Goldstone when we were on the slide and Ian Wright celebrating like he'd scored the winning goal in an FA cup final

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

In the top flight (1979-81) we beat Palace three times and drew once, then back in the second tier from 1983, we won four and drew once before that run came to an end.

Camicus

Jeez!

Isn't this an Albion football forum and aren't they our biggest rival?

What sort of threads do you expect to find?

Seems that every bloody post is about Palace or Zaha or Murry and its tedious in the extreme. Palace are our biggest rivals but its boardering on an obsession. I care more about the Huds result than palce tbh as I live here

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So apart from the obvious two can we honestly say that we'd take any of their players over ours??

I assume the obvious two are Zaha and Murray? Either way yes probably:

Spironi
Williams
Parr

Why can't we go there and win? Someone has to

I didn't say we can't. I personally just don't think we will.

Feel free to bounce this thread two weeks today, I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here