Is this the end for FIFA ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When the Yanks come knocking for Mr Blatter, he shall suddenly have some illness that doesn't allow him to travel, wait and see.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
MORE.
BBC Five Live keep reporting that he has been suspended but he pleads innocence and will appeal.They put it in a way that he is innocent. Surely he has been found guilty and is guilty subject to an appeal.
Al Capone (big difference but stay with me) was found guilty on tax fraud but is still known as a murderer. Blatter has been found guilty of one count and all the other counts of bribery will go down in history. £5 to everyone who 'likes' this post, brown paper bags and 100% deniable by me but you will go to jail in the USA.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I hope their appeal results in a real humiliation. It would be an excellent outcome if the Court of Arbitration went further and said that is categorically was an illegal act rather than an immoral one and (as I assume they have no real authority) say that they would have banned them for life.

Also, I hope the ban is worded such that they aren't allowed inside a single football stadium anywhere in the world during the next eight years. They should never be allowed to disgrace the game again. Any Club, Chairman or Football Authority hosting a game where either man attends should face exactly the same fate. FIFA (and all the lower component organisations) need to show that for the next 8 years at least there will be zero tollerance of them and their supporters (cronies).

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Jerome Valcke has been sacked from BBC

World football's governing body Fifa has dismissed suspended general secretary Jerome Valcke.
The Frenchman, 55, is currently suspended from all footballing activities for his alleged involvement in a scheme to profit from the sale of World Cup tickets.
Fifa has recommended that he should be banned from football for nine years.
Valcke, who also faces bribery allegations, denies any wrongdoing

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Jerome Valcke has been sacked from BBC

World football's governing body Fifa has dismissed suspended general secretary Jerome Valcke.
The Frenchman, 55, is currently suspended from all footballing activities for his alleged involvement in a scheme to profit from the sale of World Cup tickets.
Fifa has recommended that he should be banned from football for nine years.
Valcke, who also faces bribery allegations, denies any wrongdoing

I didnt know he worked at the BBC

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports