Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this right or wrong?

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
I have just been on the receiving end of a telephone call from a portly chum, who was in the throws of 'turfing one out' whilst chattering away.
Not only did this make it all sound very echoey from his end, it also conjured up rather unpleasant images.

Should I have simply asked him to phone back when he was less busy and hung up, or is this whole situation perfectly normal?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is odd when that happens. I don't mind as long as it's not my mum. She even answers the phone then wanders into the toilet after the conversation has started and proceeds to chat. MY MUM FFS!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It certainly puts me off my stroke!:D

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The echo is a troublesome beat in any conversation or admission from one party. If your friend was telling you how that day he had seen a child get hit by a dogcatcher's van that then overturned, the back door breaking and 32 euphoric beasts sprinting from their prison, the wheels still purposelessly spinning, and heading toward the graves of their original owners, all-the-while the child looking not too badly off from the collision and scream of his watcher, then it would not be all that acceptable. Nor if he was telling of how he done his bird, as he dropped his turd and you weren't sure which orifice produced the effect or which picture was being painted. Whether she is squat and smelly and mostly gassy or if it was a splendid occasion in which her yells were disobedient and gashtronomomical.

My mum sometimes talks to me over the phone whilst having a wee. It does trouble me for a moment, but sometimes urgent bursts are unhaltable while certain sentences should never be slain or interupted in the middle.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
I have just been on the receiving end of a telephone call from a portly chum, who was in the throws of 'turfing one out' whilst chattering away.
Not only did this make it all sound very echoey from his end, it also conjured up rather unpleasant images.

Should I have simply asked him to phone back when he was less busy and hung up, or is this whole situation perfectly normal?

I was bored and lonely in there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here