Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this Paul Clark or Teddy Maybank?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yep. My first replica kit (shirt, shorts, socks + Gola boots) bought for my ninth birthday in 1978.

£22.00 for the kit, plus £6.00 for the boots from David Rose Sports in Dyke Road.

Almost exactly the same for me. I got it (without the boots though!) for a joint Christmas and birthday present from the sports shop in Palmeria Square - my birthday was the following February and I don't think I took it off in the intervening period! Loved it. And yes, it is clearly Teddy, Paul Clark looked more like a Scandanavian warrior - I guess that would be a Viking!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I could understand if you could not tell the difference if the picture was taken when Teddy Maybank scored with the assistance of a smoke bomb:smokin:

That was against Blackburn, wasn't it, towards the end of the 1978/79 season, when we went up?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That was against Blackburn, wasn't it, towards the end of the 1978/79 season, when we went up?

Certainly was. It even tricked the commentator who gave the goal to Gerry Ryan...

Were smoke bombs a frequent occurrence at the Goldstone at the time? There was two in the league match with Crystal Palace two seasons before, which seriously pissed off Mullery as it broke Albion's rhythm when the match was stopped for a few mins.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Paul Clark. I remember him breaking someones leg in front of the dugouts. He was an animal and wouldn't last 30 seconds now.

No way. Tank wasn't a dirty player by any stretch of the imagination - he broke Lil Fucillo's leg in a fair challenge. He was a tough tackler, but no thug.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone else remember Maybank being on Tv show BLIND DATE with CILLA Black, I think it was one of the very early episodes from the first series

If anyone has this on video, or the Weakest Link episode, please let me know...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Here's Paul THE TANK Clark

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
you honestly had to ask the question ??

Sorry, it's just one of those things. Some people are colour-blind. Others can't lick their own elbow. And I can't tell the difference between Paul Clark and Teddy Maybank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here