Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this our Cup Final?

el punal

I must confess to most probably having a lump in my throat when I see our manager, Mr C Hughton lead our boy's out side by side with arguably one of the best football manager's on the planet at the home of football, we deserve to be there, we have a fine manager, we are Brighton and Hove Albion. :bhasign:

Absolutely. It’s the occasion that’s the clincher here. Most of us will be looking forward to a grand day out at Wembley. Show the the world what we (the team and the fans) are all about. The chances of us beating City are slim, so there will be no pressure on us - but if we do . . . . :O

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd take a semi-final win over City over a win over Southampton all day long, and twice on a Sunday.

There, I said it.

el punal

Fulham away was our first cup final wasn't it? Then Watford, then Burnley. I'm sure these were all cup finals. Along with Huddersfield and Palace, I think Saturday v Southampton is Cup Final no. 6 :thumbsup:

Cup Final No.1 was in August. At least that’s what a disgruntled Man Utd fan told me after we beat them 3-2. :drink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Dad is adamant that this is the easier draw, as there is absolutely no expectation that we might actually win - which there would be if we'd drawn either Watford or Wolves.

I'm in a happy place at the moment, I've got a trip to Wembley with my Dad and son to see an FA Cup semi-final, something that had never occurred to me might happen even a few short years ago.

:)

Pretty much this for me. No expectation, but not without hope. Just looking forward to a great day out - if we lose, no-one will be surprised. If we win - well just wow, a real cup final ahead.

.....real pressure is the Saints game. Win that and the SF day out could be magnificent with the relegation threat all but gone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes it is. Unless it isn't.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Pretty much this for me. No expectation, but not without hope. Just looking forward to a great day out - if we lose, no-one will be surprised. If we win - well just wow, a real cup final ahead.

.....real pressure is the Saints game. Win that and the SF day out could be magnificent with the relegation threat all but gone.

This. Then I'd personally change the XI for the Chelsea game, to rest the first team and to reward the players that don't get much game time.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bookies odds against us seem to think we should believe it's "our cup final". I put £4 for an Albion win, both teams to score. Wins £111 !! What an insult to us, had to put it on as it pissed me off! We have much more of a chance than that, especially as they have important games just before and after they'll have an eye on and surely a weakened team (however slightly).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I plan on enjoying it as if it is the cup final and then if we do get to the final, I will enjoy it even more.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The FA effectively host 3 finals these days and we’re in one of them. That’s just the way football is now and we’ll embrace it because such a rare treat as a smaller club. Completely understand why Citeh fans are meh about though. Think I would in their shoes but then that’s what you get for ruining football with too much money. Spoilt!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes , this is our cup final. Win lose or draw we will enjoy it and represent BHA to the world in noisy fashion.

If it was at home I would half fancy it , away = no chance

Wembley = who bloody knows

kjgood

My Dad is adamant that this is the easier draw, as there is absolutely no expectation that we might actually win - which there would be if we'd drawn either Watford or Wolves.

I'm in a happy place at the moment, I've got a trip to Wembley with my Dad and son to see an FA Cup semi-final, something that had never occurred to me might happen even a few short years ago.

So do you think that the pundits would have given little old Brighton who dont deserve to be in the semi final because Millwall do, any chance of beating Watford and Wolves?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Totally happy seeing this as our cup final. Delighted to be following the Albion to Wembley in the Cup.

I’ll have my tinfoil cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So do you think that the pundits would have given little old Brighton who dont deserve to be in the semi final because Millwall do, any chance of beating Watford and Wolves?

Ah. Neither my Dad nor I could care less what the pundits think, and yes we would have an expectation that we could beat either of those teams. We've already beaten Wolves, and frankly should have beaten Watford too (but for Ben Foster).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm not sure about "easier" draw but I've certainly concluded it is a better draw for us fans. It feels like a good day out and a free hit. A loss to either of the other teams would have left me completely pissed off at the missed opportunity, and that would have guaranteed an unwanted tension through the whole game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure about "easier" draw but I've certainly concluded it is a better draw for us fans. It feels like a good day out and a free hit. A loss to either of the other teams would have left me completely pissed off at the missed opportunity, and that would have guaranteed an unwanted tension through the whole game.

Yes, a bit like the World Cup semi final...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here