Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this fixtures, about the betting points?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
BD Stadia Match Day Betting Cashiers Required

In-stadium betting operators BD Stadia are looking to develop a high quality team of part-time betting cashiers to assist in the processing of fans bets at the Amex Falmer Stadium.

Hours: On match days, 3 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay: £8.33 per hour

Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates.

As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
• Processing bets from supporters prior to kick off.
• Cash handling and reconciling paperwork.
• Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness

The successful candidates must be:
• Honest and reliable
• Professional and smart in appearance
• Available to work weekend and evening fixtures
• Well-spoken, enthusiastic and confident
• Ideally experienced in customer service and cash handling

An understanding of betting/odds would be beneficial but it is not a pre-requisite.

Please note, due to Gambling Commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.

To apply, go to BDStadia :: Job Application // Welcome where you will need to fill out the online application stating Brighton as your preferred ground. Please complete all sections including references and attaching a photo. Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What odds will they give on getting a pie and pint within 1 minute of getting to the front of the queue?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That seems a generous amount to be paying staff, by Brighton standards

Shows how much money they plan on making.

Fantastic spot chez, Hopefully a statement from club soon on this.

Too late for Donny game I'd guess but still encouraging news.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know who the lucky bookie is that we can take money off? Looks like that lot supply staff for quite a few.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand betting so don't do it.
So was a little bemused by "An understanding of betting/odds would be beneficial but it is not a pre-requisite. "
I guess its now all computerised so no working out or knowledge is required ?

I always thought bookies were shrewd and had very good mental maths skills ?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I don't understand betting so don't do it.
So was a little bemused by "An understanding of betting/odds would be beneficial but it is not a pre-requisite. "
I guess its now all computerised so no working out or knowledge is required ?

I always thought bookies were shrewd and had very good mental maths skills ?

These employees will just be taking money and paying out based on what the computer/betting slip tells them, rather than calculating the odds/returns themselves.

That would be a bit like the cashier at Tesco working out the profit margin for each item you bought before telling you the price!

GullysGuy

Apr 19, 2011
I can offer some inside knowledge of how bookies inside stadiums work (I worked for Ladbrokes in a certain south coasts stadium). Computers are a general no no on the concourse as this leads to extra security and insurance for the computers. This leaves the bookies with a simple collection till to hold the money. All betting slips are franked by the tills and then settled manually throughout the game so a certain amount of mathematical skills are needed. Saying that though, all of the bets on offer are simple odds 4/1/,10/1 etc so not hard to work out. The average amount of bets taken from one kiosk was usually 300-500. We used to love an away team defender scoring first in the first 20 minutes as this meant we count strike off 99% of the bets and go and watch the game from one of the empty corporate boxes. This was about 4 years ago so the systems may have changed.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Quick google seems to show they work for:

Leeds United,
Coventry City,
Aston Villa,
Birmingham City,
Derby County,
Leicester City,
Nottingham Forrest,
West Brom,
Wolverhampton Wanderers,

Here

Blackburn Rovers,
Wigan,
Highbury (So at a guess now the emirates),
Chelsea,
West Ham,
Fulham,
Spurs,
Stoke City,
Sheffield United,
Sheffield Wednesday,
Bradford City,
Bolton,
Manchester United,
Liverpool,
Everton.

Found all of these on google apart from final four which I found on their website.

Pretty extensive then, Cannot wait for a cheeky bet.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I can offer some inside knowledge of how bookies inside stadiums work (I worked for Ladbrokes in a certain south coasts stadium). Computers are a general no no on the concourse as this leads to extra security and insurance for the computers. This leaves the bookies with a simple collection till to hold the money. All betting slips are franked by the tills and then settled manually throughout the game so a certain amount of mathematical skills are needed. Saying that though, all of the bets on offer are simple odds 4/1/,10/1 etc so not hard to work out. The average amount of bets taken from one kiosk was usually 300-500. We used to love an away team defender scoring first in the first 20 minutes as this meant we count strike off 99% of the bets and go and watch the game from one of the empty corporate boxes. This was about 4 years ago so the systems may have changed.

So has anyone got the stats on which defender has scored the most goals in the first 20 mins while playing an away game? My fiver is burning a hole in my pocket :)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why is it all the threads that start with something along the lines of "sorry if this is fixtures" tend to be the most interesting ones with bits of sneaky info?

Jun 22, 2011
I tried to have a bet of £350 at West Brom with this firm would only take half the stake, so may not be the best for a large bet, but they did offer a good range of bets not a bad choice I would say.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is it all the threads that start with something along the lines of "sorry if this is fixtures" tend to be the most interesting ones with bits of sneaky info?

I'll try writing that before my next one and try to beat my usal 4 replies :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here