Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this a red card?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Ref very clearly forgetting that he was already on a yellow and then realising that he's gotta send him off :lolol:

The ref shouldn't consider that he has previously booked a player, IF its a yellow card then its a yellow card, and if that results in a sending off thats the players fault.

If Refs did it more often for say, blatant time wasting in the 88th minute, then players on a yellow would be far less likely to do it, rather than the the ref won't send me off for time wasting as I am on a yellow attitude.

To often refs hold back for blatant yellows (Liverpool had one last week) because they dont want to send players off for relatively minor offences

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The ref shouldn't consider that he has previously booked a player, IF its a yellow card then its a yellow card, and if that results in a sending off thats the players fault.

If Refs did it more often for say, blatant time wasting in the 88th minute, then players on a yellow would be far less likely to do it, rather than the the ref won't send me off for time wasting as I am on a yellow attitude.

To often refs hold back for blatant yellows (Liverpool had one last week) because they dont want to send players off for relatively minor offences

Well yes, but rightly or wrongly, to them it's also about game management as opposed to just applying the law. Really interesting seeing Howard Webb talk about this on BT sport:

https://youtu.be/nunux4SWk_E

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's my favourite as well, it's the amount of hang time that does it for me, he doesn't make any attempt to hide it :lolol:

And also note the left jab he gives to the bearded bloke in the aftermath - which jerks his head back into the face of one of his own team mates :lolol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Well yes, but rightly or wrongly, to them it's also about game management as opposed to just applying the law. Really interesting seeing Howard Webb talk about this on BT sport:

https://youtu.be/nunux4SWk_E

tried to listen to that as would have liked to hear the ref, but savage and moyes just shouting over him put me off. can'tt stand either of them, they have to be the centre of the discussion

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[tweet]1446921194490433536[/tweet]

And this ???

He wasn't sent off for taking too long over a throw. He was given a yellow.

Which was his second of the game.

I'm afraid that I did laugh rather a lot at the time.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I witnessed a good sending off at Cheshunt v Bognor in the Isthmian Premier Division yesterday (Saturday 9/10).

In the 81st minute with Bognor 1-0 up, Bognor decided to take off striker Jordy Mongoy, who walked very slowly off the pitch. The referee felt he was taking too long to get off and so showed him a yellow card (a deserved booking).

Bognor's substitute then ran on, but the referee suddenly decided that he had booked Mongoy earlier in the game (he hadn't).

Even though the Bognor players, the Cheshunt players, both benches and also the local reporters all told the referee he was making a mistake he seemed sure of his facts. Unfortunately neither of his assistants seemed able to confirm anything for him.
The referee ignored everyones protests and stuck with the red card.
Bognor then had to remove the substitute that had just run on.

Bognor held on for the final 9+6 minutes to win 1-0.

After the game the referee apologised to Bognor and said he will state his mistake in his report.
It's expected the red card will be rescinded.

Red card.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here