Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this a good time or a bad time to play Spurs?

Is this a good time or a bad time to be playing Spurs?

• Good time

Votes: 97 91.5%
  • Bad time

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
You never can truly tell but:

- they are coming off the back of a proper doing from their biggest rivals
- they have a midweek European game they have to get something from given the earlier defeat in the group
- they have to travel for it
- they have a player suspended who although not a leading player is integral to their system.

Most importantly, we are flying and the Amex will be bouncing for RDZ’s first home game!!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Spurs have never intimidated me in the way other big teams do, I haven't got a random grudge (I dislike Chelsea far more) but for me they just don't have that aura.
We can beat anyone!

theboybilly

Despite being unbeaten in the League until yesterday many Spurs fans are not impressed with their start and are not too concerned about losing Conte to Juventus when the time comes. In all honesty Kane and Son apart I don't really think there's too much to worry about. An added bonus is Lloris is a poor 'keeper. I'm convinced we'll be okay on Saturday

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
“Antonio, where did you draw the strength from after a performance like that today?”

“It was easy, the massive Italian flag you laid on for me, it was a lovely touch, magnificent”

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My instinctive reaction is that they were so under par v Arsenal that we're going to see a backlash, and that we may be over confident, ignoring the failings of Liverpool, or our own defensive fragility, so bad time.

But I didn't realise they had a midweek game (get the backlash out their system/get a second confidence knock that plays on their nerves ahead of our game, less time to prepare for us). So, there's reason to hope. If you're that way inclined. I am usually not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Despite being unbeaten in the League until yesterday many Spurs fans are not impressed with their start and are not too concerned about losing Conte to Juventus when the time comes. In all honesty Kane and Son apart I don't really think there's too much to worry about. An added bonus is Lloris is a poor 'keeper. I'm convinced we'll be okay on Saturday

They sit back and play teams on the counter. They could really hurt us if they are on their game. Players like Kane, Richarlison and Son have the ability to make us pay for any defensive lapses, time and time again.

If we score first however, that would give us a huge advantage and the need to take defensive risks would be greatly reduced.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I hope Kane doesn't back into a defender to get a penalty again, that was criminal.
I thought he was ok till that, he is a tosser.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think it's as good a time as any. Tough Champions League game this week and they will be missing Emerson Royal who has played well against us recently.

That said, Spurs are probably the one team that is set up best to play us. Even if they are putting in a lack lustre performance their speed on the break is just the sort of thing we struggle with.

Looking forward to this one. Nothing to fear but plenty to be wary of, cannot wait to see RDZ take on Conte.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It will be very interesting to see how they play against us. Will it be just low block and counter? I can see their fans tolerating that against a CL team, but against Brighton?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The way we're playing there are not many teams in world football we should be worried about tbh. Bring them on. They should be more concerned about us. We're on fire.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The way we're playing there are not many teams in world football we should be worried about tbh. Bring them on. They should be more concerned about us. We're on fire.

Hopefully it's too ealy for them to know how we play OR they are arrogant enough to not care.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Frankfurt are no push overs and my ancestral home, and second team, so I am hoping for a Freakout double this week.

Nothing to be worried about, other than Kane climbing all over our defenders and looking for fouls, beat that and they are there for the taking.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Beat them by 2 clear goals and we go third. FACT

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm not answering the poll. We are good enough to beat anybody. Now or later, who cares.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wouldn’t be surprised if we are all over them but loose 2-1 to a penalty and a freekick both ‘won’ by England Captain falling over but being a special case of a big player at a big club and thus winning decisions we won’t get.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here