Is this a good idea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I have some friends who are international students and would like to go to a football match. They've never been before, and they think that it's something they should experience whilst in Britain. My nearest club is Cardiff City. There is a match against Palace on the 6th November. I am a little concerned for their safety. We will be in the home end, but probably won't blend in all that well. Do you think I should take them to a different game or not go at all? The students are Indian and Chinese and assume that it's going to be a jolly evening of sporting entertainment...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Go for it! But make sure you wear your Albion shirt...... or Bikini!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I was in England as an exchange student myself (in Luton of all places) and took my Mexican friend to the EPIC match that was Millwall away in the JPT. (Poor thing, her favourite albion player is Kerry Mayo!) She had a great evening, enjoyed the match, had a chat and a laugh with other albion fans and learned sussex by the sea. She ended up going to 2 more home games and 4 more away games with me.

When we went to Brentford (horrible game) we brought along a Chinese friend as well.

Take them, but try and get to an albion game...PORT VALE? I hear Burslem is PRETTY! :nono:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not Cardiff:sheep: or Palarse:sick:

why not find a nice close-by BHA away game to introduce them to civilized football entertainment. I'm sure they would be welcomed by the massed ranks of BHA away supporters:albion2::kiss:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Not Cardiff:sheep: or Palarse:sick:

why not find a nice close-by BHA away game to introduce them to civilized football entertainment. I'm sure they would be welcomed by the massed ranks of BHA away supporters:albion2::kiss:

There's no local games in the near future. But I agree, a Brighton game would be better. At least they'd have a group of people who would be nice to them... They want to go for the experience, including the drinking and the dodgy catering.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have a disabled friend, and his three year old son who was born near Bolton. I need to indoctrinate both in the ways of the true faith :albion: Any suggestions to avoid the disgusting threat of the increasing Manure heresy of the Noth West?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How much is your house worth?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What? The one I'm in right now...? This building is worth millions I should imagine. Considering it has 509 bedrooms.
Oopps - sorry not me -I know what happened then, and it won't happen again - never leave the PC logged on when you go for a refill....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know It's Cardiff but there may be some civilised areas of the ground. (Only may, not must!)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seats near the half way line tend to be safe and avoid all hostelries pre and post match
Chinese students in particular at a cardiff game should feel quite comfortable with plenty of second generation compatriots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports