Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a fair assessment of the Police...?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Like others have said, it's drivel. Why would you even bother posting it? :shrug:

No more so than all the other drivel posted on this board.:thumbsup:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Am I to take it from this that the author thinks the British police should kill more people?

I'm sure the families of Mark Duggan & Jean Charles de Menezes will find this hilarious. Both unarmed and shot to death by Uk Police. I'm no fan of our police force but one thing I do generally think they get right is only using firearms as a last resort. Is this suggesting that America is a safer place than Britain?

EDIT: Our murder rate is about the same as that of Australia and a quarter that of Amercias. Don't let facts get in the way of the debate though

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It reads like something Daily Mail readers would email to each other to get themselves all hot and bothered.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Am I to take it from this that the author thinks the British police should kill more people?

I'm sure the families of Mark Duggan & Jean Charles de Menezes will find this hilarious. Both unarmed and shot to death by Uk Police. I'm no fan of our police force but one thing I do generally think they get right is only using firearms as a last resort. Is this suggesting that America is a safer place than Britain?

EDIT: Our murder rate is about the same as that of Australia and a quarter that of Amercias. Don't let facts get in the way of the debate though

If you're not a fan of the UK police what would you do differently? Why are they getting it wrong or what are they doing that makes you feel like that?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If you're not a fan of the UK police what would you do differently? Why are they getting it wrong or what are they doing that makes you feel like that?

I think the ethos behind policing has changed a lot in the last 20 years. The police used to be here to serve people, you'd go up to the Police and ask them a question, that sort of thing. I find them very aloof & more confrontational these days. Obviously that is a generalisation & there have always been good and bad eggs.

The thing that I really can't stand is a reluctance to take responsibility for their mistakes. There have been a number of cases recently, where the police have covered something up and been caught out (Hillsborough, Mark Duggan, Ian Tomlinson, plebagte.) I think the British people are quite a sensible bunch & we don't expect the police get everything right. What we do expect however, is transparency when mistakes are made. There is far too little of this at present.

So in summary, be nice & stop lying

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez...a satirical tongue in cheek Email and people have to turn it into a serious debate on the Police.
If shows anything, it shows the police in UK think before acting whereas other countries the police are trigger happy. Lighten up guys.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I think the ethos behind policing has changed a lot in the last 20 years. The police used to be here to serve people, you'd go up to the Police and ask them a question, that sort of thing. I find them very aloof & more confrontational these days. Obviously that is a generalisation & there have always been good and bad eggs.

The thing that I really can't stand is a reluctance to take responsibility for their mistakes. There have been a number of cases recently, where the police have covered something up and been caught out (Hillsborough, Mark Duggan, Ian Tomlinson, plebagte.) I think the British people are quite a sensible bunch & we don't expect the police get everything right. What we do expect however, is transparency when mistakes are made. There is far too little of this at present.

So in summary, be nice & stop lying

Sounds fair enough. I agree the pleb gate etc is embarrassing. I have a lot of time for the police, a difficult job with little credit for doing things well but a lot of criticism when things don't.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If your abnormal in the mind it would take a hell of a lot for you to take another humans life even with a gun and even more so with a knife trust me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
An extreme example. We have around 60-70 gun related deaths in the UK as opposed to approximately 11,000 in the US. Even if we had the same population as the states we would still be looking at a pro rate rate of no more than 300.

I like to think that at least a small part of the reason for that is that our police are not routinely carrying firearms. The second that law enforcement have them the stakes seem to be raised.

I acknowledge that it is a simplistic analysis but returning to the original theme, I think that our police are fantastic. There will always be a bad apple here and there but generally they do a great job policing by consent rather than by force. Bless 'em.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pointless, daft thread. In my opinion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez...a satirical tongue in cheek Email and people have to turn it into a serious debate on the Police.If shows anything, it shows the police in UK think before acting whereas other countries the police are trigger happy. Lighten up guys.

Think you posted it with that intention matey. Not our fault it came back and bit you on the bum. Pure Daily Mail bullshit.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think you posted it with that intention matey. Not our fault it came back and bit you on the bum. Pure Daily Mail bullshit.
Why bring in the Mail...you can't resist can you...I'll say it again...IT WAS AN EMAIL....understand now,it hasn't bit me on the bum as you put it....just thought I'd share it with others....if you don't like,tough cookie...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here