Is this a bet for you???

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jun 22, 2011
Being a big sports punter and a big albion fan, have a look at this bet, back brighton for this seasons championship on the handicap, ive been told by an odds complier that brighton will receive about an 18 point start, each firm will be slightly different but that's an approximate figure the odds will be around 16/1.
Massive value i think, but shop around, coupons are out in about two weeks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are we not about 16/1 to win the title outright?

16/1 with an 18 point start? Dream on.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You have misunderstood Hans. The h'cap allocates a number of + pts to each team apart from the one that starts off scratch. It will be 16/1 the field.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Are we not about 16/1 to win the title outright?

16/1 with an 18 point start? Dream on.

Sounds about right because you have to beat every other club with their extra points. For example, Barnsley would probably get about 26 points...

Jun 22, 2011
Dream on ! You can get 25/1 at present don't forget all teams receive a handicap mark ie doncaster may get +35 pts, leeds +13 pts etc.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
i dont get it lmao i might be being dumb

Each team gets an extra number of points depending on how the bookies think they'll do (i.e. the worse the team, the more points they get). Take the final table in May, add on the extra points each, and see who then wins that. Essentially - who do you think will overachieve/outperform expectations the most?

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
There's bound to be somebody in the lower reaches of the betting that will excel beyond all expectations and win on the handicap this season.

Hull or Bristol City perhaps?

Jun 22, 2011
Every firm will do it, check all bookmakers before your bet, prices out in a couple of weeks,have a look at opening another account, firms want business they will offer you a free bet.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I think we'll have a good season too, but I'd be surprised if we have a better season vs expectation than any other club in the division. The average odds compiler for a major bookie will make it their business to know much more about a league in its entirety than any individual fan of one team, and the starts on their handicap list are not just plucked out of the air. You're taking 16-1 about a 23-1 chance, which is not value by any stretch.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
last season we had an incredible season but so did bournmouth as they were expected to finish bottom 4 and had a large amount of points added on in their handicap. And we didnt even win it they did last year. It is an interesting bet to do but 16-1 when really it should be 23-1 as someone mentioned means there are much better season long bets out there to do

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
last season we had an incredible season but so did bournmouth as they were expected to finish bottom 4 and had a large amount of points added on in their handicap. And we didnt even win it they did last year. It is an interesting bet to do but 16-1 when really it should be 23-1 as someone mentioned means there are much better season long bets out there to do

Not entirely correct. We won it with all but one firm who had Bournemouth as winners and one with whom we were level with them.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it is a similar sort of thing to say a handicap at Golf and playing stapleford rules? Or like when you bet on the rugby, say England v Italy, England to win, but Italy have a 20 point start? Or am I being really blonde?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
think a lot of people going way over the top on our chances,imo we will be lucky to stay hovering around lower half,and i will be happy with that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
think a lot of people going way over the top on our chances,imo we will be lucky to stay hovering around lower half,and i will be happy with that.

Completely agree, there's no real bankers next season and it's an incredibly hard league...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So will Palace be on a 45 point start ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i look at our fixtures and I think our easiest one is our first one, after that they all look tough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports