Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Watching him score 2 in 20 mins against us for Reading was surely enough for anyone to realise what we are missing.

It would appear EH does not want him to leave so that might just be the end of it anyway, but GM is light years ahead of our current striking options in my opinion.

Clever Clever player.

Ref your 1st paragraph Marshy, it was not only those goals, but also he won every header and it always found a Reading player, Clever Clever player indeed.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So GM joined Palace and now every Brighton fan should hate him?

I like the distant rivalry we have with Palace, but I have to admit, there's nothing more cringy than people taking it a tad too far.

Murray would help get us to the Prem if he returned. That can only be a good thing.

Only the half witted numb skulls would hold it against Murray. I can't remember any fuss when we signed Gary O'Reilly, can you?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The prospect of being able to start with Kaz, Knocky, Glenn and Wilson. With the option to bring on Bob,Murphy or Baldock if we need to...... That sounds a lot better doesn,'t it?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Only the half witted numb skulls would hold it against Murray. I can't remember any fuss when we signed Gary O'Reilly, can you?

Just because some don't share your opinion doesn't mean they are half wits. Maybe others would see you as less patriotic or loyal?

For the record I'd like to see Murray back purely on a footballing goal scoring front, as a player and a person i don't hold him with high regards due to him going to our rivals. Bobby had the chance and refused to play for Palace, there is a difference, Murray will not get the same reaction as Bobby will he?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Just because some don't share your opinion doesn't mean they are half wits. Maybe others would see you as less patriotic or loyal?

For the record I'd like to see Murray back purely on a footballing goal scoring front, as a player and a person i don't hold him with high regards due to him going to our rivals. Bobby had the chance and refused to play for Palace, there is a difference, Murray will not get the same reaction as Bobby will he?

If Murray scores the goal that takes us up in to the premiership, he will be the toast of the town. People who bare grudges are very sad little people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too right!
There were those who stated Bobby would be our 20 goal striker this season they overlooked his recent seasons injury record and his obvious lack of match fitness,Glenn would be another on the injury list and another who lacks speed

Bizarre, I thought BZ had the best record in the division of goals scored for minutes played. Had no idea he'd been a failure :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The club (or the people that leak info for them) aren't likely to say to fans 'yeah, that player that so many people love? We didn't rate him. We skimped on our offer to him and made a big mistake'

Glenn Murray (or the people who leak info for him) isn't likely to say 'yeah, they offered me a good deal, much bigger than what I was on, but I don't care about this club, so I jumped at the chance to earn more money at your hated rivals'.

Each will want to make their decision as reasonable as possible. So I would take every story from people who know someone who knows something, with a big pinch of salt.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It's a yes for me.

(1) Because he was and is a bloody good player still, as we saw when he was on loan at Reading last season.

(2) Because I think his style will suit our game

(3) Because, in spite of everything, him re-joining us (and hopefully being successful on the pitch) will, just very slightly, disappoint many Palace fans, who've always liked to imagine that he's one of theirs at heart. It's a small thing, but it will grate with them. Which can only be good.

Murray won't have a sniff of a start now they have Grabban & Afobe. Why sit on the bench at his age? He's not going to get a medal for Bournemouth finishing sixteenth.

Can`t believe it but I agree with you, booking an appointment with my doctor in the morning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here