Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a telly boffin in the house?

Bought a Toshiba Regza 37rv635d last week.
Everything was working fine.
I leave the tv in standby mode.
I get home from work today, no power is going to the tv.
Checked all the connections, they're fine.
Swapped plugs into other socket, no joy
Switched fuse in the plug, nothing.

I'm at a loss:(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Are the sockets working?
Have you got a power cut?
Has the TV been nicked?

If it's only a week old though, it will still be under warranty.

The problem is when something goes when it's one year and a week old.

Aye, that is the one plus point.
Missed the Barca-Arse game tonight.
Just wait until juniormorganrum wakes up to find he can't watch wonderpets before leaving for nursery. :(

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
In theory, if you pick the wording right and depending on where you got the TV they should actually replace it rather repair it as it is so new and becauce your retailer will probably just send it back to the wholesaler as faulty.

That being the case you may be able to switch to another manufacturer if you can justify a reason for doing so and I would say 2 reviews like that would be a fair enough reason.

Worth a go Jonesy

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
In theory, if you pick the wording right and depending on where you got the TV they should actually replace it rather repair it as it is so new and becauce your retailer will probably just send it back to the wholesaler as faulty.

That being the case you may be able to switch to another manufacturer if you can justify a reason for doing so and I would say 2 reviews like that would be a fair enough reason.

Worth a go Jonesy

True. You might want to quote the Sale of Goods Act:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/SGAknowyourrights/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ALWAYS insist on a replacement. if you get it repaired a) you've got a repaired lemon, what else will go wrong? and b) the warranty/fit for purpose carries on from the original purchase. if you get a new one the time is reset to 0. if it fails again, get another replacemnt and so on. never accept repair.

Have had a 32" Regza for about 16 months now and can honestly say it's a fantastic telly.

:)

Well, thanks for that mate!:smile:
Yep, I liked the telly for the week and a bit that it worked as it should.
Lost on Sky 1 HD is truly a sight to behold.

UPDATE: Mrs Morganrum has phoned from home.
Since I left for work this morning, it seems to be working again.

Cheers Skint and Smithy for the advice, gonna wait and see if I can watch ManUre on the tellybox tonight, otherwise it's going back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here