Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a professional player still playing who playing today at the Goldstone?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some very old players still employed by FL clubs who potentially might've done..

Darren Ward
Matt Oakley
Ritchie Humphreys
Gareth Ainsworth

Scored against us at the Goldstone (Lincoln City) in the league match of October 1996.

Has played in one match for Wycombe Wanderers this season.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
David James created a small piece of Brighton & Hove Albion history on Saturday by becoming the first player to play at the Goldstone Ground and the Amex Stadium.

The 41-year-old former England goalkeeper played between the sticks for Bristol City in the Robins' 2-0 defeat to Gus Poyet’s Albion.

The latest appearance in James’ remarkable career comes nearly 21 years to the day since he played for Watford against Albion at the Goldstone - on that day the home side won 3-0.

One for pub quiz's!

D

Deleted User X18H

Scored against us at the Goldstone (Lincoln City) in the league match of October 1996.

Has played in one match for Wycombe Wanderers this season.

Excellent. Thanks

Now is there a player who has played at the Goldstone, Withdean and The Amex?

David James never played at Withers

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Kelvin Davis was on loan from Luton Town to Hartlepool that season. I don't think he played against us though.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Excellent. Thanks

Ainsworth didn't play against us for Queens Park Rangers during 2003/04 at Withdean. So he's out. I'm stuck on this one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Excellent. Thanks

I would suggest that there is possibly a small hand of those. 18 in 1996, 33 in 2011.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ainsworth didn't play against us for Queens Park Rangers during 2003/04 at Withdean. So he's out. I'm stuck on this one.

I'm sure he played for Wimbledon when they beat us in 2002/3, I seem to remember him scoring as well but I wouldn't swear on it

But he's not played at the Amex, so it's irrelevant

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure he played for Wimbledon when they beat us in 2002/3, I seem to remember him scoring as well but I wouldn't swear on it

But he's not played at the Amex, so it's irrelevant

He did play against us for Wimbledon at Withdean. Well thought. Didn't score but was booked.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Only ones I could think that may have done are Thomas Sorensen, Eidur Gudjonnsen and that's about it. Matt Upson and Gareth Barry maybe as youth players? Shay Given possibly, but no one else I can think of realistically. If they were 18 in 1997 they'd be 37 now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here