Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a managerial appointment that would make you boycott watching the Albion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't help but notice some very anti Wise (understandable) and Pardew ( no problem for me with him) comments on here when potential new managers are mentioned.

Could a managerial appointment lead to you boycotting the Albion? Can't say there's one that would piss me off to that extent but let's have some names, I may change my mind..

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not for me. I support the team not the manager. Though there are some managers that I would rather not be our manager they would not stop me supporting the team since the team will still be there long after any manager as come and gone.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Micky Adams

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Can't help but notice some very anti Wise (understandable) and Pardew ( no problem for me with him) comments on here when potential new managers are mentioned.

Could a managerial appointment lead to you boycotting the Albion? Can't say there's one that would piss me off to that extent but let's have some names, I may change my mind..

There are a number I wouldn't like (not that it means they wouldn't do a good job) but I can't think of any reason why I would ever stop supporting the Albion, regardless of who the chairman, board, manager or players are.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not for me. I support the team not the manager. Though there are some managers that I would rather not be our manager they would not stop me supporting the team since the team will still be there long after any manager as come and gone.

spot on mate .............the two mentioned in the first post would really piss me off though

anyway whats wrong with Mr Russel Slade then?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
None,
No one person will be bigger that the club, Even if i did not like the manager i would still support them for the bigger cause.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Only if that arsehole Adams was given the job for a third time. Anyone else would be given a chance. Obviously, if they were to prove themselves unable to do the job - well, that in a differect matter.

What is wrong with Denis Wise? The guy is a winner - and that is surely what we need?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Judging by the crowd numbers in a season where we finished 7th - Dean Wilkins?

My own personal preference was Mr McGhee - I went to nearly every home game during his tenure but various tactical decisions and statements following losses - Southampton Away springs to mind - were nearly enough to turn me cold to the Albion.

Any manager that sets out not to lose games as opposed to try and win them will always make me think twice too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is wrong with Denis Wise? The guy is a winner - and that is surely what we need?

Nasty piece of work with small man syndrome. Didn't he once win a fight at Leicester by knocking a guys lights out..whilst he was asleep. Kind of class I'll be happy never to see at the Albion even if he is a winner.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Josef Fritzel as ladies youth team coach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here