Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the top 4 really out of reach?

Is the top 4 really out of reach?

• Yes. We can't compete from this position

Votes: 110 49.1%
  • No. We are bang in the hunt

Votes: 114 50.9%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We see a lot written about European ambitions but personally thanks to Uncle Tony keeping Caicedo here, I genuinely believe the club are focused on a top 4 finish.

It's not out of the question is it? Half way through the season and we are 8 points behind the clubs in 3rd and 4th with a game in hand. We have not one, but TWO world class midfielders and a world class winger. We have scored more goals in 2023 than any other club in the entire league across all 4 divisions and absolutely nobody wants to play us. We've just beaten Liverpool for a second time, having battered them 3 weeks ago.

The big question is whether or not the points gap is insurmountable. I for one am optimistic we will finish above Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool and that either Newcastle or Man Utd will wobble.

What say you?

We are 9.4 on Betfair to do it (nearly 17/2 in old money), which seems generous to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs play Man City, we play Bournemouth this weekend. Let's hope business is taken care off there as expected!

Then if so, could either Palace or West Ham do us a favour please?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We're definitely within striking distance at the moment. We'll need to keep up a consistently high standard right to the end of the season to stand a chance, but if any manager can achieve that, surely it's the perfectionist that is Roberto De Zerbi.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some teams behind us have spent big and will be more of a challenge in the second half of the season. And getting to the FA Cup final will mean extra games and more midweeks. We have a thin squad so we'll have to be lucky with injuries. But, yes, we could do it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Top 4 is not impossible but very difficult. The teams in front of us all have deeper squads .

We also have to assume Chelsea will significantly improve in the second half of the season. They now have Felix and Mudryk, with Chillwell and James to come back. Given their squad depth it is difficult to envisage us staying above them across the rest of the season.

Liverpool are obviously significantly less likely to overhaul us due to lack of investment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Results against Arsenal and Leicester show you want happens without a bit of depth to the squad. Against Leicester Colwill being out cost us that win imho, and MacA and Caicedo both out cost us getting any points home to Arsenal. These are the margins needed for the top 4.

Bit surprised if we don't get anyone in at all for RDZ. Have to trust Bloom and what we do, just think we may have missed a trick not getting a body or 2 in this window.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Win the game in hand its 5 pts with decent GD

Yes still a chance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I just shudder at threads like this as they’re ones that other fans may see or be bounced when we’re 14th etc 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here