Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the summer over now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Much fresher by Saturday. Thursday / Friday look both humid / thundery.

I can guarantee it will rain on Friday. It always does on 14th August, no matter where in the world I am. I was in Spain one year & we had a thunderstorm.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I blame the England cricket team for wrapping up the Ashes too early. And since Sussex are absolute gash, it means the cricket season is over as far as I'm concerned. So from now on, it's officially grey and gloomy for the rest of the year.

Yoda

English & European
I was in Lyon last week and apart from Tuesday (cloudy and 28°), every day was sunny and at least 35° with Thursday & Friday touching 40°. Made a nice change. :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still overall it has been a pretty decent summer, many nice days

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still overall it has been a pretty decent summer, many nice days

The frustrating part earlier on (June / July) was the tendency for good / hot weather to peak on a Thursday / Friday - with cooler weekends.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope it is not over; I have 2 days in hospital at the end of the month for a back op. Just willing the time to pass now to get it out the way and then be able to relax and enjoy an Indian Summer in September.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'm finding this summer very comfortable. I don't do heat very well so 18-20 degrees is fine for me. Good to see a bit of steady rain too....it's been pretty dry out there in the gardens

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pretty overcast here in the South West - not much chance of seeing the Perseid shower tonight (or last night). Warm, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here