Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the squad stronger than last season ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Moises stays, then it is stronger.

The addition of Adingra and the emergence of Mitoma and Enciso more than cover the departure of Trossard
Verbruggen covers the loss of Sanchez
The addition of Joao Pedro and the emergence of Ferguson smash Undav and Maupay out of the park
Dahoud for Mac Allister is a question mark - Alexis is a VERY good player.

If Moises goes then he leaves a huge hole, and the whole team needs rebalancing to accommodate that. You can't just swap in Gilmour or Alzate for Caicedo, and expect the play the same formation / tactics. They simply cannot do (all of the) multiple jobs he covers.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

The addition of Adingra and the emergence of Mitoma and Enciso more than cover the departure of Trossard
The addition of Joao Pedro and the emergence of Ferguson smash Undav and Maupay out of the park

If Moises goes then he leaves a huge hole, and the whole team needs rebalancing to accommodate that. You can't just swap in Gilmour or Alzate for Caicedo, and expect the play the same formation / tactics. They simply cannot do (all of the) multiple jobs he covers.
Agreed, Caicedo is very much the key to this. Almost a season under RDZ makes plenty of our players much better than they were beforehand as well so that also improves the squad organically. It's a process isn't it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If we are talking last summer it looks about equal doesn't it? We have no idea how the new boys will do. Depth is better but let's not forget just how good Trossard was when we was on it nor the totally different dynamic Mwepu brought to midfield. As it stands we have no idea Igor compares to Colwill.

However, the change in manager means we are undoubtedly a better team now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Out of interest are we expecting any more incoming transfers? I try and avoid all the rumour threads until the title is changed to 'SINGED', so I'm not up to speed on all/any potential targets. I think I saw the name Eamon Holmes being bandied about, obviously not the TV presenter.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Out of interest are we expecting any more incoming transfers? I try and avoid all the rumour threads until the title is changed to 'SINGED', so I'm not up to speed on all/any potential targets. I think I saw the name Eamon Holmes being bandied about, obviously not the TV presenter.
The interest in Kudus is obviously genuine. Loads of clubs linked now also so might be difficult but would suggest we feel there is room for someone to come in. As has been mentioned much will also depend on whether Moises stays or goes.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nothing surprises me anymore with us. Wouldn't be surprised if we break our transfer fee again. Especially, oddly, if we keep Moises.
And there's something in the Kudus stuff. Even Romano isn't saying we have no chance.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The interest in Kudus is obviously genuine. Loads of clubs linked now also so might be difficult but would suggest we feel there is room for someone to come in. As has been mentioned much will also depend on whether Moises stays or goes.

Nothing surprises me anymore with us. Wouldn't be surprised if we break our transfer fee again. Especially, oddly, if we keep Moises.
And there something in the Kudus stuff. Even Romano isn't saying we have no chance.
Thanks guys. I really have kept myself out of the loop as I've never even heard of this Kudus bloke. Just googled him (Ajax and Ghana).

But yeah, wow. Been said many many times (and will be again), it's unbelievable the level we're now at.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

No team can afford to be a one man team though.

Caicedo is an obvious loss but I think we are better equipped to deal with it this year as we have more midfield options that are better than last year. We might not be able to play the same way but we’ll be able to change tactics to something that’s effective.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Potentially. I don't think we can say for sure until we see how well the new players settle into the team and how they adapt to premier league football.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I dont have any reason to believe it isnt stronger than it was last season, but depends massively on a few factors- namely whether Igor, Dahoud and Pedro are the real deal and if we keep Caicedo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here