Is the Newcastle game on telly tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the Channel that beams out to quite literally tens of people all within a 10 mtetre radius of its transmitter :lolol:

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
UEFA Cup Football (Sport)
Time - 19:45 - 22:05 (2 hours and 20 minutes long)
When - Thursday 6th May on five
(Olympique Marseille v Newcastle United)
John Barnes presents live coverage of this decisive UEFA Cup semi-final, second-leg clash between Olympique Marseille and Newcastle United. It is Alan Shearer's Magpies only chance of taking some silverware home to the North East ? but to get to the final they must overcome a Marseille side who have already knocked out Liverpool and Inter Milan along the way. Jonathan Pearce provides the commentary. Kick-off at 8.00.
(Live, Stereo)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhh, Channel 5. Where Pat Nevin reads out some completely BONE texts ("Andy in Leicester says why is the referee wearing the same colours as the Newcastle keeper ?"), John Barnes does his rabbit-in-the-headlights impression as the producer gabbles in his ear, and Kenny Dalglish regards both men with a thinly disguised air of utter contempt.

Marvellous. Bring it on.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Easy 10, I think you ignore the fact that Kenny Dalglish appears to regard almost everyone with a thinly disguised air of utter contempt, to use your description. This doesn't take away the fact that I consider him to be one of the best players I have ever seen play, if not the very best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely no argument from me there, Gully. The fella was a complete legend as a player. And his daughter is an absolute STUNNA.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bring back Scott Brough - top man

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
The fella was a complete legend as a player.

and completely indecipherable as a football pundit, what is the point of having a man talking about the game when you haven't got a clue what he's on abaout???

Channel 5 football is as good an advert as you can get on how not to present a football programme :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1 - 0 to Marseille

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports