Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the most ridiculous self righteous question ever asked on Ask The Club?!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Many Albion fans living abroad would like to attened the 1st game at Falmer next season. I myself have been following the Albion since 1971 and was a season ticket holder with my sons at Withdean until moving to Australia 3 years ago. Over the last 40 years I have not missed any of the big games,
2 FA Cup games, 2 play off finals the last game at the Goldstone the 1st game against Arsenal in the old Div 1 and so on. I'm saving hard for us all to come back for that day at Falmer, but am wondering what is going to be the likley hood of being able to get tickets. Through the power of the internet and fans I know in various places around the world there could be as many as 1000 fans living abroad wanting to attened the game.
Look forward to your response.
SDU

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The list is a tad irrelevant isn't it.
Oh, look at me, I have more right to be at Falmer than anyone else because I used to go to games.
Everyone did mate, and still does..

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
am wondering what is going to be the likley hood of being able to get tickets.

Oh, look at me, I have more right to be at Falmer than anyone else because I used to go to games.

What an over the top response, he asked the question in a pretty polite way.

He simply was saying hes been an Albion fan for a long time and wanted to be there for Falmer and was gauging his chances.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
The list is a tad irrelevant isn't it.
Everyone did mate, and still does..

That's a bit harsh on the man. I agree that the list of games attended is a tad irrelevant, but from my perspective and other expat supporters like me, the question is extremely valid as there are quite a few expats like myself who want to attend the game.

I've flown in from around the world (Tokyo and Toronto) to attend the last game of the season for the past 10 years as part of the Internet Seagulls Flying Squad as well as games over the Christmas period every two years when I get back. Does that make me a glory hunter? Absolutely not, but being born and bred in Brighton and having to move abroad for work doesn't stop me from wanting to support the Albion any way I can and I have been supporting them since I went to my first game as a 7 year old which was 34 years ago.

I will be flying back for the first game at Falmer in the knowledge that tickets will probably be hard to come by, but that's chance I take. I'll still be back for the last game at Withdean next year, again assuming that I can get a ticket.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
sounds like someone who really doesn't want to miss out on the first game at Falmer.

Don't get why you need to have a go really?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought that was quite a sensible question in comparison to some of the dross that we had a few years back before ask the club was temporarily shut down.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It doesn't matter what his History with the club.

The only ones guaranteed a seat at Falmer for the first game are the ones who spunk up for a season ticket.

Everyone else...first come first served...there will be no favours because you've turned up for all the "BIG" games. I'm sure there will be a LOT of touting for this game too so hope the club put something in place to minimise this...named tickets or something. Otherwise I'm not arsed tbf.

And this is quite right too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you loved the Albion you wouldn't live abroad, simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here