Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Loan window still open?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it is shouldn't we be looking to bring some players in

I'd say no, we've got a pretty solid squad now with no obvious gaping holes other than possibly an extra striker. But the way we play I don't think we need another.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would only say we need a goalkeeper. If super TK gets injured I shudder at the thought of Casper and Brez frankly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would only say we need a goalkeeper. If super TK gets injured I shudder at the thought of Casper and Brez frankly.

While I agree, I can't see us getting a GK better than Ankers and willing to come on a short term loan where he won't play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Ulloa gets injured we are down to just CMS and Barnes up front.

A playoff charge is not the time to involve Agdestein or Barker.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think this is it for now, if we dont go up or make playoffs it shows the squad isnt quite strong enough yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We currently have 39 professionals to pick from (not including the 7 other players who are out on loan at other clubs). How many more do you want?

I make it 23 first team squad members excluding Hoskins and those on loan.

We really can't be gambling on Dev Squad players if we are serious about getting promotion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Despite the number of midfield players that we have, we showed on Saturday that we missed Bridcutt desperately and had no effective cover for him

Did we miss him desperately? I love Bridcutt, I think he's an absolute little star. But without him in the team we naturally played a little bit differently and I don't think that is a universally negative thing. I thought our midfield look more fluid and more flexible. We were a little bit unlucky not to score the second or third goals. No question about Bridcutt coming straight back into the team but I don't think we were much weaker for his absence, in a way.

I love Dave, I have a Spanish Dave shirt from Cult Zeroes. But the man doesn't have defensive instincts and isn't a longer term right back. Inigo Calderon is the man for the job with Bruno's current lack of form. He is defensively sound and would allow Dave or Buckley to do their thing with a bit more room on the right than Bruno allows. I am all for Bruno's rampaging flair on the right when he is form, but if he isn't then there's nothing wrong with calming things down a bit and having a bit more shape. I don't think Buckley thrives when there isn't the same space on the right.

Calderon?

I would have picked him on saturday, and had him as captain. Bruno is probably a better player but you can rely on Calderon and you know he is very rarely going to be caught out defensively.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right Back? I love Bruno but some of his performances recently have really worried me.

You said some players in your OP. Who else do you want? How many, 3 or 4?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here