Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the LB crisis sorted?

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
Echoing the sentiments.

Did OK for us and will definitely do a job this season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I've been slammed in the past for commenting on players based off the radio by people now doing it in this thread :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit shakey to start with I thought but did not look out of place, I thought he did well seeing as he only joined yesterday!

Agreed. We looked more balanced with hom. Initially his passing was off, but he soon warmed to the task and made some important challenges.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
worst player out there but can't be too harsh as he's only been with us a day. Kept giving the ball away and hoofed downfield a few times. Can get better

Did ok bearing in mind he may have only done 1 training session with us. Will never replace Bridgey but he has the experience and confidence to make the LB position his own.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Brum commentary seemed impressed with ward. But said that Andrews was running it first half and at times we were playing top class stuff.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I've been slammed in the past for commenting on players based off the radio by people now doing it in this thread :lolol:

You're allowed to, as long as you agree with certain posters!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Solid performance. A lot better than Maxi.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Solid performance. A lot better than Maxi.

Does that suprise you? Experienced, ex-Premier League player who has played however many times for ROI being better than a guy who has played two or three times in England and once or twice for his Country?
Maksimenko is a good player, they all start somewhere. I fear for Chicksen now. Maksi is here to stay.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ward did just fine. Definitely more ready for LB than either Maxi or Chicksen atm. Not as good as Bridge, obviously, but I don't think anyone outside the PL is. He took about 15 mins to settle into the game, which isn't bad at all given he only signed the previous day.

Yep, on that performance I'd say we've solved LB.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't agree - and they were all hoofing it upfield for much of the second half. Gus would have been turning in his TV studio !

Yep agreed, far to many chances away from home, would never have happened under Gus, we were lucky to get a shot on target in some games. 0-0 would have been far more acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here