Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the fiasco endangering season ticket sales and future revenue ??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just putting this out there but I'm sure the "new" fans to the club are considering not taking up there season tickets this season if this mess isn't cleared up PDQ.
What sort of message is this sending out to our so called new supporters (plastics/ JCL's) is this situation in danger of loosing us some sections of the new wave? Lets not forget that a majority of season tickets are no longer purchased on a lump sum basis anymore. Just wondered what your thoughts are?

I'm thinking that unless Bloom's not as smart as we thought he was, next season's target buys are already being approached on the recommendation of next season's manager, whoever that person may be. The alternative is the project comes off the rails and is put back by at least a year, resulting in lower attendances, lower league finish position, less pie n pint income and a shorter queue for the train back into town.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some people believe NSC represents the majority of our fans, it doesn't it represented what 10%? I would guess 30% of STHs have forgotten about bhafc for the summer.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Let's not kid ourselves - We won't be getting 30,000 gates forever.

True. It's the old story: if the team is successful the tickets sell themselves. If it's not then they don't and more imaginative ways have to be found to entice people to attend. This has always been the case, and the only difference now is that the proportion of STHs as opposed to single match tickets is WAY higher than it's ever been.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
10% :lolol: More like 1%

...and don't forget that it's a certain demographic too. Depressed, middle aged, angry ICT workers generally! Not a fair representation of Albion fans in general

I do not agree with your generalisation. We are not mainly ICT workers.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

How the club treats its fans today will directly effect whether we are getting 25,000 gates or 10,000 gates when things aren't going so well.

It's of paramount importance that the club treats all supporters, old and new, as fans not customers - so they bleed blue & white and stick with us when times are tough - If customers don't like the service they are getting, they will leave. Fans, however, are for life.

Barber is all about profit making, when the club should be investing in what really is important - the fanbase.

Wrong. The fact that London is just up the road. Any number of premiership teams to watch there.

Also life and the sofa are very comfortable down here.

Little motivation to get out and watch a struggling team. This is what will dictate our crowds when things don't go so well.

el punal

How the club treats its fans today will directly effect whether we are getting 25,000 gates or 10,000 gates when things aren't going so well.

It's of paramount importance that the club treats all supporters, old and new, as fans not customers - so they bleed blue & white and stick with us when times are tough - If customers don't like the service they are getting, they will leave. Fans, however, are for life.

Barber is all about profit making, when the club should be investing in what really is important - the fanbase.

With respect, Barber's role as chief executive is to ensure that the club is on a sound financial footing first and foremost. And,because of hard decisions that he has to make to ensure this he is never going to be Mr.Popular.

Out of interest how have the club made you, as a fan, so upset? Overall I really enjoyed the past two seasons and have no axe to grind with the way the club is going.

If you want a genuine gripe about how clubs are run there are many out there - Blackburn for example.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just putting this out there but I'm sure the "new" fans to the club are considering not taking up there season tickets this season if this mess isn't cleared up PDQ.
What sort of message is this sending out to our so called new supporters (plastics/ JCL's) is this situation in danger of loosing us some sections of the new wave? Lets not forget that a majority of season tickets are no longer purchased on a lump sum basis anymore. Just wondered what your thoughts are?

My thoughts are that the new fans and JCL's and probably about 80% of the 25,000 who go to the Amex have probably forgotten all about football for the moment and are on holiday or watching the cricket or generally getting on with their lives without checking a football messageboard every 15 minutes to see if there is an update on the manager situation. Do you really think that anyone who made the decision to commit to £500 to go to 23 games a year is going to think 'Well they're not only changing the manager, but they haven't even had the good manners to tell ME who it is yet. Therefore I'm not going to have the enjoyable season of football I was looking forward to this year, I'm so angry that I'm never going again'. Seriously.

This will all be long forgotten when the season starts and the blue and white stripes run out at the Amex in August, and that's all most people going to watch football want- to watch football. They don't need to feel like part of some imagined exclusive clique and demand the football club gives them all the details if the inner workings of the club.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Completely and utterly wrong. There are a few thousand die hards who were there at Withdean \ Gillingham etc, and a few hundred of these seem to think they should be treated like they have a say in the way the club is run, and as if they are some kind of special fans who need to be kept informed of what is happening inside the club and made to feel as if they are part of it. The rest are just people who want to watch their local team play football and hopefully do well. The crowds will stay high as long as the team are doing well, and will drop when the team starts doing badly. And the ironic thing is, the people who demand to be treated like fans not customers and need to feel like they are somehow part of some special club are the ones that are the least likely to leave when things start going badly, which they will, at some point.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
........More like 1%

...Depressed, middle aged, angry ICT workers generally! Not a fair representation of Albion fans in general

NSC mission statement - put that on the home page

I have a feeling in my water that we'll hear something today. Don't know why, I don't KNOW anything, just got a hunch.

I have heard that some news might break today, from a source twice removed from me, but it was just about some "transport departures"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here