Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Euro dead in the water?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I couldn't give a toss either way, there's always opportunities no matter what happens.

But if you truly believe that Brexit gives a better definition of the short and medium term future can I respectfully suggest you don't take up gambling in any of it's forms.

Well we are kind of out of it today aren't we, we certainly dont seem to have any say in any ongoing discussions about anything, we are in effect out.

How does it feel ? well pretty similiar to when we had a representative within those discussions to be honest?

There will be a trade deal between us and the EU on what terms yet to be decided, but I suspect less punitive as some suggest, if not then it says more about the defunct EU decision makers than the UK's democratic decision to leave.

So I do not share Remainers pessimism or underlying fear of expolsion and reprisals from some perceived ever powerful and morally superior club, I really dont.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Well we are kind of out of it today aren't we, we certainly dont seem to have any say in any ongoing discussions about anything, we are in effect out.

How does it feel ? well pretty similiar to when we had a representative within those discussions to be honest?

There will be a trade deal between us and the EU on what terms yet to be decided, but I suspect less punitive as some suggest, if not then it says more about the defunct EU decision makers than the UK's democratic decision to leave.

So I do not share Remainers pessimism or underlying fear of expolsion and reprisals from some perceived ever powerful and morally superior club, I really dont.

Well said!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
It's the stock markets that we need yo be worried about along with 100% mortgages and the removal of tax relief for buy to let, manufacturing is such a small part of our output these days we heavily depend on stocks,shares and the property market which drives these from a UK perspective it's all a pack of cards once any one of these fails the rest will follow.

My predictions for 2017 are as follows:

Supreme Court upholds Brexit ruling
Britain triggers Articale 50 as set out
French national front win the presidential election but it's close
The far right Dutch party win
Mrs Merkel remains chancellor but with a much weakened coalition
U.K. Government concedes it's forced to put outcome of Brexit negotiations to a vote in parliament
Mrs May uses this as a platform and calls a snap general election
SNP win an even bigger majority totally wiping out the three main parties in Scotland
UKIP win no parliamentary seats and sees it share of the vote plummet
Labour surprise many doing better than predicted but unable to win an outright
The LibDems make major strides forward but are still way behind the SNP for third largest party
The Conservative Party win the election but without a working majority
Labour,SNP and LibDems form a coalition
The deal will involve Scotland gaining much more self government and the U.K. holding a second referendum on the terms of Brexit

i predict less than half of your predictions are correct !
May, the best man win !

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Been reading about how much trouble the Euro is in after Brexit and now with the Italians looking like they are going to dump it, and the French discontent building towards a referendum, how much longer can Germany bankroll the whole thing?
The dip in the pound and our exit from the European trade set up has already seen a rise in manufacturing in the UK, so we are being seen as a better investment which is counter to all the scare mongering about the pound/UK economy we heard about in the build up to the Brexit vote. Looks like a domino effect is building.
IMHO the Euro is set to become confetti within the next two or three years.

It looks as if we have started an exit, Great Britain again!!!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just to say, as many know, I am a Sparks in the Construction Industry, I have been through the lot, Cards, Self employed, CIS, etc, there is more work now than any Xmas I have known for years. Unbelievable, Brexit, Armageddon, bring it on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here