Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the EDF park in ride in place for Sunday?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Hi ,

Sorry, I a. Sure I have seen a thread about this but cannot find it and cannot see anything on club website. I am a total incompetent with regards to things like this so thought I would ask the NSC community- is it in place for this Sunday and if so, how do I go about booking?

Any help gratefully received and please do not hold back on the good natured abuse towards me for being such a total IT clot.

cheers

DWG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sunday…..but I haven’t seen it yet

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nothing listed yet. For Bournemouth, EDF went on sale on the Monday (equivalent of today). Hope I'm wrong but I think it's only been used when there were rail issues and a university event. Makes the journey so much easier.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Pyecombe has gone on

Thanks. It looks like Mrs Wz may well be making her decennial trip to see the Albion Sunday, and if I make her suffer Mill Road in it's current form, she may never go again (quite apart from the earache I would get for the rest of the day) :wink:

Anyone know how long it takes to get away on Pyecombe P&R after final whistle ?

Jun 2, 2023
For anyone wondering, Pyecombe was terrific for the Bournemouth game. Ok, yes the stewards at the ground had no idea where it was picking up from post match, but eventually we found a grown up to ask...(at the top of village way next by the Brighton Uni car park).
arriving at the equestrian centre pre match there no queues, walked straight onto a bus, 15 minute transfer to the stadium.
Post match, walk up the slope behind West stand, straight onto a bus again, little bit of traffic on village way getting out after the match but still only took about 20 minutes back to the site, in the car by 4:30 and home in Horsham before 5:00.

In summary, if you're already driving down the A23, or coming over from Lancing/Worthing direction on the A27, you'd be mad not to use it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In the thread started yesterday about this very subject I pointed out that the EDF P&R for the Bournemouth became available on the Monday before the match so assume this one will too.

Jul 7, 2003
I was waiting for EDF but as Pyecombe is available, I thought I'd give that a try after the train hassles for the Bournemouth game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was waiting for EDF but as Pyecombe is available, I thought I'd give that a try after the train hassles for the Bournemouth game.
You can pretty much guarantee that the train hassles will be the same for every Sunday game. You can try waiting in the concourse for a beer after the game, but you'll only find yourself in a longer train queue than if you hadn't bothered. Might as well walk to the nearest town or get a bus :shrug:

Jul 7, 2003
You can pretty much guarantee that the train hassles will be the same for every Sunday game. You can try waiting in the concourse for a beer after the game, but you'll only find yourself in a longer train queue than if you hadn't bothered. Might as well walk to the nearest town or get a bus :shrug:
That is my feeling as well. For the Bournemouth game, we ended up on the Racecourse P&R and walking back from there to the station (with a pub stop on the way).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here