Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the BHAFC Twitter account run by a 12 year old girl?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes I'm surprised that the etoro sponsorship hasn't been questioned.

They are an agressive spread betting firm. This link up makes me feel slightly uneasy.

Same. Especially as they boast you can 'trade and invest' in cryptocurrencies.

And this is from the home page of their own website www.etoro.com

'CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Are the club really THAT desperate for sponsors? ???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What is going on with all the cringe worthy emojis on every post ?

Stuffed by the second bottom team yesterday and all the Twitter updates have hearts / flowers / stars etc .... It's embarrassing.

Surely the marketing department have some kind of handle on who the target audience is or is this just a wind up ?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's all part of the dumbing-down of human discourse I'm afraid, taking us back almost to a pre-literate society. Tweets with emojis are little more than people communicating by grunts and gestures. Live with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's all part of the dumbing-down of human discourse I'm afraid, taking us back almost to a pre-literate society. Tweets with emojis are little more than people communicating by grunts and gestures. Live with it.
Given his "performance" on here in the early days, I'm sure the OP is an expert in dumbing down human discourse.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
The only embarrassment on our Twitter feed was our half-time arrogant, over-confident tweet of 'As first halves go...' When I read it, I thought 'hope that doesn't come back to haunt us'.

Sure enough...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Stuffed by the second bottom team yesterday and all the Twitter updates have hearts / flowers / stars etc .... It's embarrassing.

Surely the marketing department have some kind of handle on who the target audience is or is this just a wind up ?!

#OMG blushy_girl-1024.gifyou_are_the_man-969.gif
#yoursolastyearshy_girl-937.gifyou_are_the_man-969.gif

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:shrug:

Lush

Mods' Pet

I agree. Emojis are fine, but spare us the hearts and flowers.

I understand that they want to tweak the club's 'tone of voice' for different media, but the Twitter feed has gone too far. Maybe they have a new intern?

The worst instance was when they tweeted something like "Who's looking forward to seeing this one on Saturday" next to a photo of, I think, Shane Duffy.

This one. Ugh.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree. Emojis are fine, but spare us the hearts and flowers.

I understand that they want to tweak the club's 'tone of voice' for different media, but the Twitter feed has gone too far. Maybe they have a new intern?

The worst instance was when they tweeted something like "Who's looking forward to seeing this one on Saturday" next to a photo of, I think, Shane Duffy.

This one. Ugh.
Yes . Thanks I thought I was the only one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The eruptions of emoji's and exclamation marks are quite "twee" aren't they. Its all gone a little bit......Crodo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here