Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the AmEx the new Stonehenge

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
With apologies to C4's I've just watched The Secret Life of Buildings and it made me think which is not that often.
No, I'm not a trendy architect wearing blue framed specs, just a humble surveyor.
The show was all about buildings bringing joy to the masses and generating spirit through architecture. I only watched because I thought there was half a chance our magnificent new stdium might be featured.
Having been to Falmer twice I personally find it spiritully uplifting. On leaving the ground on each occasion, win or lose, I feel a sense of wellbeing, I feel like A V.I.P and on cloud nine, this tends to follow on until the next Monday at least. Not sure whether it's a novelty thing but I just feel I have experienced something really special and feel a bit special afterwards, culminating in buying a bottle of champagne on the way home.
Did the Druids have a similar feeling when they visited Stonehenge on the solstice or whatever. I bet Nyetimber sparkiing wine wasn't available then and they would never have imagined that Brighthemstone and the SC team would be heading the Championship after only two games.
As FBS would opine, we've come a long way baby.........

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Know what you mean, Spurs game was very uplifting - just glad we are there after all the troubles. Mind you I did have the 3 course meal and 1901 club treatment; that won't be happening again but I'm sure the next game I can get to will still have the same positive vibes. Hopefully.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With apologies to C4's I've just watched The Secret Life of Buildings and it made me think which is not that often.
I saw that too - Tom Dyckhoff questioning whether 'narcissistic design is ignoring the needs of the people who use these spaces'. He is extremely opinionated and liked to give his opinion as if it were fact. He did have a point with a few of his observations, but he also talked a lot of shit (IMO).
Having been to Falmer twice I personally find it spiritully uplifting. On leaving the ground on each occasion, win or lose, I feel a sense of wellbeing, I feel like A V.I.P and on cloud nine, this tends to follow on until the next Monday at least. Not sure whether it's a novelty thing but I just feel I have experienced something really special and feel a bit special afterwards
Novelty. It's such a change from what we've had and it's our club. We're having to pinch ourselves, many thought we'd never get to a shiny new stadium. But much as I like our stadium (needs the corners and East filling), I don't think it's anything stand out about the architecture that's giving you that feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here