Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the 2010 accounts for Brighton public yet?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Hi all, since yesterday I have been posting on the Crystal Palace fans site.
I was trying to show that perhaps we haven't overspent this season (yet).

After awhile a poster claimed that Brighton had £12 million in short term loans and an additional £3 million long term creditors. Then said I should find the latest accounts to see.

I came on here and found a thread that claimed it had the latest accounts on it, which was the up to june 2009. The next account were out in I think August or September which I think would be up to June 2010.

None of what he said was in the accounts i saw, so is he said it was in the 2010 accounts. So are they public or is he lieing?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The June 2010 accounts were filed in March this year. If you want to purchase them from Companies House online, the cost is miniscule. You'll best buying the annual accounts for both:

The Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited - company number 00081007 - the trading subsidiary
Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited - 02849319 - the parent

What you will find, and with some accounting knowledge, is that they owed next to nothing to anyone, other than the usual PAYE, VAT ... all paid on time.

** Then you will several million pound of convertible loans, (which was where at great risk of no return, several benefactors including TK, Norman Cook and others lent chunks of their own money to subsidise 4 promotions by buying better players than we could otherwise have afforded, millions on planning experts and barristers re Falmer, and the initial stages of Falmer).
These are not secured, but TB will be repaying.

** Finally, you will see a mega loan from TB.

** = Both interest free and with no repayment date. In short, rare in football.

Then in the Poyet era, Brighton did not overspend. Widely believed annual turnover was £4.5m at Withdean towards the end, £3m on payroll.
(Compared to overspending Southampton's £14.3m turnover & £12.2m on payroll .... and they couldn't even beat us to be Champs!).
Poyet I think said we were 6th on the League One payroll costs list.

An immaculately run club, heading for a £20m turnover at the Amex with nil interest payable and nil debt.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The June 2010 accounts were filed in March this year. If you want to purchase them from Companies House online, the cost is miniscule. You'll best buying the annual accounts for both:

The Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited - company number 00081007 - the trading subsidiary
Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited - 02849319 - the parent

What you will find, and with some accounting knowledge, is that they owed next to nothing to anyone, other than the usual PAYE, VAT ... all paid on time.

** Then you will several million pound of convertible loans, (which was where at great risk of no return, several benefactors including TK, Norman Cook and others lent chunks of their own money to subsidise 4 promotions by buying better players than we could otherwise have afforded, millions on planning experts and barristers re Falmer, and the initial stages of Falmer).
These are not secured, but TB will be repaying.

** Finally, you will see a mega loan from TB.

** = Both interest free and with no repayment date. In short, rare in football.

Then in the Poyet era, Brighton did not overspend. Widely believed annual turnover was £4.5m at Withdean towards the end, £3m on payroll.
(Compared to overspending Southampton's £14.3m turnover & £12.2m on payroll .... and they couldn't even beat us to be Champs!).

An immaculately run club, heading for a £20m turnover at the Amex with nil interest payable and nil debt.

What's not to like about that summary? :)

Miniscule cost? How much? £20?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
(Apologies for bumping - at least the new searching button works well :thumbsup:)

Was wondering in light of recent bickering about our wage structure (with regard what we could afford in the event we were promoted this season), what the accounts for the club have looked like in recent years. Found (ironically a link to NSC) on Google with a PDF of the 2009 accounts, i.e. up to the end of Poyet's first season, so not finding anything more recent I went to post the question to the font of knowledge that is NSC, and lo and behold the 'Check if already posted' button pulls up this gem (kudos Mr Bozza).

I don't care enough to settle the bickering by paying for the accounts, especially as my very limited knowledge may make doing so a waste of time and dollar, but I'm interested in Northstandite's post about £3m payroll. It seems unlikely this figure would have fallen from the previous year and therefore I'm guessing it relates more to playing staff than coaching/backroom/admin as well, as all were rolled into one figure for 2009 of £4.46m. That being said, we had 34 senior players registered (including loans) last season, which by my maths (if everything I've assumed is correct) makes an average weekly wage of just shy of £1.7k, or c.£88k p.a (in line with our being in the upper half of that year's League 1 average wage of £75k p/a).

Basically the point I'm making is that even if we've doubed our wage bill on promotion to the Championship to £6m for the 30-40 senior players we have registered, the average wage is still only around the £3k mark, which would be in line with being in the bottom half for salaries in the division (last year's Championship average salary being £211,068 p/a, or £4,059 p/w). So those claiming we're paying CMS/Vicente £20k p/w are, to be put it plainly, wrong.

Also a bit of an eye opener into what we're facing if/when we go up - where the average wage last year was £22,352 p/w. Doing what Blackpool did would seem vital if we were to find ourselves promoted (I should point out I don't think we will). They put in a concrete wage cap (I heard £15k p/w was the most they paid) and gave it a go at staying up, knowing if they went down they hadn't bankrupted themselves and could look forward to reinvesting with the parachute payments and the TV money etc.

I got most of these figures by the way from this link: REVEALED: Official English football wage figures for the past 25 years Sporting Intelligence

Amazing what a trail boredom and insomnia can lead you on...:yawn:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
The 2011 accounts aren't due to be submitted until the end of March.

Football clubs are the only type of company where you can put people (players) on the balance sheet, ie the total value of all our players, so that will be an interesting figure (although 9 months out of date), seeing how it rises over time.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Last edited:

You don't have to pay £30 to get hold of Company accounts these days. They are available free from here:-

LevelBusiness

And you can search for related businesses as well.

A search of Directors called Anthony Grant Bloom delivers access to the accounts of:-
Albion Sports And Leisure Limited
Pavilion Homes (Sussex) Limited
Agb Reading Llp
Brighton And Hove Albion Football Club Limited (The)
Brighton & Hove Sports And Leisure Limited
Elsinore Gardens Block H (Number 2) Limited
Brighton & Hove Albion Holdings Limited
Deanway Properties (Sussex) Limited
Blue Lizard Consulting Limited
Agb (Church Road) Limited
Agb Properties (Woking) Limited
The Community Stadium Limited
Agb Camden Llp
Sea Lizard Llp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here