Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] “Is that it?”

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
As we were leaving the Amex my 14 yo son turned to me and said “Haaland, I thought he was a bit rubbish, he’s just big, Undav’s got a better first touch, is that it?” I laughed but on a couple of occasions tonight I’d thought similar myself. I was delighted when his goal was disallowed as I’d thought that he’d done pretty much nothing until that point apart from constantly foul JPvH.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Haaland missed a couple of sitters tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could still see what a beast he was when Steele saved at his feet. Pace and power just goes past people. One of the best strikers ever to play the game - thankfully a very rare off day today where he had to result to fouling to ‘score’ 🤣

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Considering he wasn’t on it tonight his assist to Foden just shows how dangerous he is as a player. He will be a future Ballon D’Or Winner. From my perspective on the West Stand everyone seemed more confused that he wasn’t offside than upset by the goal, but he broke the trap perfectly.

Otherwise though, mostly absent all game. VAR disallowing his goal was funny though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Don’t many of the best goal scorers of all time share the knack of essentially doing nothing all game and then popping up with a goal when it really matters?

Granted he didn’t do that tonight, but I still think he’s the most complete centre forward I’ve seen in my life. And as for comparing him to Undav, even jokingly? Nah.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As we were leaving the Amex my 14 yo son turned to me and said “Haaland, I thought he was a bit rubbish, he’s just big, Undav’s got a better first touch, is that it?” I laughed but on a couple of occasions tonight I’d thought similar myself. I was delighted when his goal was disallowed as I’d thought that he’d done pretty much nothing until that point apart from constantly foul JPvH.
You don't score as many goals as he has this season by chance

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He reminded me of Andy Carrol tonight.

I liked the look of their little lad with the afro. Not sure of his name.
Minus the wifebeating.

Lewis.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is that it? Then you both need a lesson in football. He may not of scored but the quality and the threat was there throughout. The point he cheated the ball down and volleyed just wide before anyone else in the stadium had realised what had happened was absolutely incredible.

All credit to Seeana Paul who had a great game bar the goal. But if you couldn’t see the quality in Haaland then that’s on you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here