Is that it then?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we done for the day?

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would be a bit disappointed if no more signings were made.

Although our current squad is good i feel we'd fall just short of the quality required to go up this season, but then again keeping Buckley and CMS returning from injury will be like two new players.

A replacement for El-Abd surely should have been a priority. In other positions we can get away with not signing anyone because of the squads versatility, but if Greer or Upson now get an injury we'd be pretty ****ed...

Think about it. We're not going up automatically. That leaves making a play-off place. If we make that, it's basically a lottery, but it's best to think that we've got a 25% chance of making it from there. In other words, we've got a 10-15% chance of getting promoted this year. Once put in those terms, why gamble on over-priced players who don't quite fit the bill?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
CMS will not be back to full strength before the season ends, who knows if he ever will be back to his best - his best being pretty poor by championship standards.
Hoskins will probably be injured a week after he comes back, its just the luck the guy seems to have.
Buckley hasn't been good this season at all, and after another long hamstring injury, it wont be until late in the season that he gets back to full match fitness.

Hardly like we are making 3 new signings is it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm failing to see how we have tried to remedy our severe lack of goals. Yes David is a striker but we only play one, no supply whatsoever.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If that's the case it'll be HUGE disappointment :lol:
Sell a centre back, striker and two times player of the season for £4m+ and replace with Stephens and a freebie from the Spanish second division :lol: OOOH just feel the determination to get promoted, PLR? :lol:

ooooooh hark at you........why dont you wobble on down the Amex and frow a couple of mill on the table .......i personally think the prem would be a poisoned chalice for us ( not ready), play offs would be nice but i think we have our work cut out getting in tbh.......we are in a fantastic position compared to 5 years ago so pull your big , sarcastic head in.:bigwave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
By no stretch of the imagination have we come out of January stronger than we went in (if this is it). You'd have to say it shows a lot of financial prudence and no ambition whatever. I'll support us whereever we are, in whatever league but there are probably 20 000 odd who won't.

To be honest I just find it more than a bit bollocks that we apparently have money to splurge on training grounds, hotels, every damn thing apart from an investment of cash on the playing side to see us at least have one season in the sun in the Premier League anytime soon. I mean, look at half the teams currently in the Premier League. we used to play them, and beat them, regularly in League One & The Championship. What's so special about them? Doesn't the club owe a duty of care to the Withdean Five Thousand to be promoted at some point in the near future. Cos the Twickers-like JCL fans won't be hanging around for very long in the lower leagues. We might well win an Accountants Of The Year award for the off-field FFP efforts, but really, when all the clubs around you are ignoring FFP, who really gives a shit? time for the club to refocus their eye on the ball on the playing side. IMHO, like.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be honest I just find it more than a bit bollocks that we apparently have money to splurge on training grounds, hotels, every damn thing apart from an investment of cash on the playing side to see us at least have one season in the sun in the Premier League anytime soon. I mean, look at half the teams currently in the Premier League. we used to play them, and beat them, regularly in League One & The Championship. What's so special about them? Doesn't the club owe a duty of care to the Withdean Five Thousand to be promoted at some point in the near future. Cos the Twickers-like JCL fans won't be hanging around for very long in the lower leagues. We might well win an Accountants Of The Year award for the off-field FFP efforts, but really, when all the clubs around you are ignoring FFP, who really gives a shit? time for the club to refocus their eye on the ball on the playing side. IMHO, like.
You're being very short sighted.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
To be honest I just find it more than a bit bollocks that we apparently have money to splurge on training grounds, hotels, every damn thing apart from an investment of cash on the playing side to see us at least have one season in the sun in the Premier League anytime soon. I mean, look at half the teams currently in the Premier League. we used to play them, and beat them, regularly in League One & The Championship. What's so special about them? Doesn't the club owe a duty of care to the Withdean Five Thousand to be promoted at some point in the near future. Cos the Twickers-like JCL fans won't be hanging around for very long in the lower leagues. We might well win an Accountants Of The Year award for the off-field FFP efforts, but really, when all the clubs around you are ignoring FFP, who really gives a shit?

Think this is the problem with modern society. NOW NOW NOW. Let's not think of the future, let's get there NOW. Everyone else is ignoring FFP, let's ignore it too.

No. The teams who adhere to the rules and improve within their means year on year are going to be more successful in the long term, but even if they aren't I'd much rather support a club that's doing things the right way.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
ooooooh hark at you........why dont you wobble on down the Amex and frow a couple of mill on the table .......i personally think the prem would be a poisoned chalice for us ( not ready), play offs would be nice but i think we have our work cut out getting in tbh.......we are in a fantastic position compared to 5 years ago so pull your big , sarcastic head in.:bigwave:

Ah, there it is, the old 'look at where we are now' bollocks. Yes we've progressed at an incredible rate, but so have the expectations of the fans. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to see the investement in team, not to sell our best player and a couple of key squad members and leave the side weakened, especially when the club are happy to continue to increase the season ticket prices left right and centre. Cheers :tosser: :wave:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Still 2 signings short IMHO. AEA replacement and, effectively, Conway replacement. Not good if that's true.

Wasn't Conway initially brought in to replace Orlandi, who was, at the time, injured? I might be mistaken, but if that IS the case, then that's OK, as Orlandi is back.

I wouldn't be too disappointed, if that was that. Dunk is more than capable to cover the CBs, and I get the feeling that Oscar will be working over the weeks and months to get more of the development squad involved with the first team. No, it might not be the squad that gets us to the Premier League, but them I'm not overly concerned about that anyway…

There is also the loan window too.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Tom ...is that a wind up.......do you think any of the board can actually shit bunches of 50's .......infrastructure is being laid down now , it may take a few years to pay off but i reckon we will be in the prem in 3-5 years...........i really hope forest get tonked by the f.a but i can't see it unfortunately....!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have to admit, it would be a bit disappointing not to get anyone else in, and can't see it as an improvement on what we had before christmas. We are down Conway (loan expired), Crofts (injured), Barnes, AEL and Bridcutt (sold). Stephens and Rodriguez in.

Since others are highlighting Obika in, we should also highlight you missed Lita out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m
Rodriguez may be it for the day. Asked David Burke if he expects anything more? "No, not really. Nothing significant." #bhafc

Well, could be a quiet Friday night now.

That contradicts Oscar saying earlier he was hoping to have a busy day.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Maxi's out on loan and Dallison isn't there yet.

Next in line = Richards or, more likely, Calde at CB (not enough if we are serious about promotion). Wild card = Ince dropping back. A bit 'cheap' by the Albion IMHO.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah, there it is, the old 'look at where we are now' bollocks. Yes we've progressed at an incredible rate, but so have the expectations of the fans. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to see the investement in team, not to sell our best player and a couple of key squad members and leave the side weakened, especially when the club are happy to continue to increase the season ticket prices left right and centre. Cheers :tosser: :wave:

:tosser: bridcutt is useless if he doesn't want to be here , as are adam and barnes........i thought you of all people would have grasped that.:tosser:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
You're being very short sighted.

I think you'll find that after years of total shit, losing the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean etc the taste of success has made most want more and why not we have not exactly been the blessed supporters over the last 30 years.

Patience is probably whats required but **** it I'm impatient I want Premiership football I just cant help myself :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports