Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tanno still a registered player?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've got a feeling he isn't, but with the amount of injuries/suspensions this Saturday he'd be a decent option off the bench imo. (Plus we'd get to sing his QUALITY song again :lolol:)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Brighton & Hove Albion Squad

Goalkeepers
1 Brezovan
16 Ankergren
29 Kuszczak
Defenders
2 Saltor
3 Greer
5 Dunk
6 El-Abd
14 Calderon
22 Painter
28 Bridge
Midfielders
4 Hammond
8 Crofts
11 Orlandi
15 Vicente
17 Harley
18 Dicker
21 David Lopez
25 LuaLua
26 Bridcutt
30 Buckley
36 Oatway
Forwards
7 Hoskins
9 Barnes
10 Dobbie
12 Mackail-Smith
23 Agdestein

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can that not be changed then? I presume you do have to register at the start of the season, though.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Isn't this why we have a development squad, a few got thrown in against Southampton last season, if they don't get used now when will they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mustafa Kemal;5353949 However I think we were really pushing it with Tanno last season said:
Sorry must disagree as I think that he would be far better at full back even if only for the first 75 mins and then replace him if he is knackered. If you have seen the DS team play you would realize how far out of it they are but still people on here are suggesting playing Sampayo and in fairness to him one day he may be good enough for Aldershot or another Div 2 side but at the moment neither he nor any of the others are good enough yet alone for a championship side looking towards making the play offs.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Not that it helps the defence but looking at the list posted by banjo is Matt Sparrow not even registered now?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not that it helps the defence but looking at the list posted by banjo is Matt Sparrow not even registered now?

He's registered, but not named in the squad, as is Vincelot.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Does that mean Gus could play at some point if all our midfield just decided not to turn up? That would mean more flair...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isn't this why we have a development squad, a few got thrown in against Southampton last season, if they don't get used now when will they?

When they have shown that they are ready and capable, which isn't now but as the name states it is a Developement Squad and designed to help the young players develope into first teamers not replace them immediately as per the old fashioned reserve sides

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Someone with a brain.

That's very simplistic isn't it, who knows what's actually going on with the Development Squad players, we don't ever see them. But we assume Sampayo should be ready because of his age? There's more to it than that.

But I agree with the general point, they're there for a purpose and this surely is it. At some point these players will have to either make a splash or move on, this might not be the ideal time but you have to have a debut eventually.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
When they have shown that they are ready and capable, which isn't now but as the name states it is a Developement Squad and designed to help the young players develope into first teamers not replace them immediately as per the old fashioned reserve sides

I have to agree.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This does seem the obvious solution. I think if we could, we would have already. There is a chance they paid a fee, or are paying his wages in full, so there is no recall clause

Seems rather strange that we haven't recalled him, if it was possible. It would seem that for whatever reason his fate is definitely sealed and his time is up at Brighton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tanno will shortly pass Frank Sinatra for comebacks if this happens. Gus should have a squad with players able to make the step up, it's not like we are some two bit club any more. I'll be we'll pissed if we go down the route of recalling Tanno

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here