Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Southampton the model?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No chance that all of those players will be leaving (any could though, even Dunk). Heart surgery likely, heart transplant very unlikely.

Also Grealish won't happen. Not even close. Poor spring from him but still held in high regard. He'll end up in a pretty big club. Spurs fairly likely.

Duffy is actually worth £20m to a more agricultural team that doesn’t expect its defenders to be ballers.
I think he will move on.
We will get aBout 8-10m, and the buying club will have a bargain.
Should Ireland qualify, don’t be surprised if Duffy is being talked of as one of the best Central defenders around After the next Euros.
I pray Palace don’t enjoy his best years. I can see it happening though.

I could see how they would be horny for him, they already have some good central defenders though. My bet would be WBA. Indeed for around £8-10m, £20m not happening.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I agree with the sentiment but not the detail to be honest. I’d expect more evolution than revolution. I expect the following to leave, maybe some on loan:
- Schelotto
- Kayal
- Crofts
- Duffy
- Locadia
- Andone
- Ali J
Possibly Stephens, March izquierdo.
My wish list:
DM/CM
- Doucoure
- Lallana (old head to help bring through youngsters, and a bit of quality)
AM:
- Sarr
- Buendia
- Eberechi Eze
Striker:
- Edouard / Watkins / another striker
LB:
- Ryan Sessgnon
CB:
- Ben White coming back.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I believe Spurs were going to buy Grealish a couple of years back, when Villa were in big debt. But they tried to be too cute with the price and then Villa got a new backer and refused to sell. I think the price was £5m at the time. It would be ironic if they finally got him at 10 times the original price.

It would be stupid if that happened. £5m and £45m in baggage.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I agree that to help finance buys we need to sometimes sell players. Even the top clubs do this.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I agree with the sentiment but not the detail to be honest. I’d expect more evolution than revolution. I expect the following to leave, maybe some on loan:
- Schelotto
- Kayal
- Crofts
- Duffy
- Locadia
- Andone
- Ali J
Possibly Stephens, March izquierdo.
My wish list:
DM/CM
- Doucoure
- Lallana (old head to help bring through youngsters, and a bit of quality)
AM:
- Sarr
- Buendia
- Eberechi Eze
Striker:
- Edouard / Watkins / another striker
LB:
- Ryan Sessgnon
CB:
- Ben White coming back.

Croft’s is only in the u23 squad to give them some experience he won’t be leaving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here