Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Solly March an Albion legend?

Is Solly March an Albion legend?

• Of course!

Votes: 221 98.7%
  • No - lower league donkey who has had a bit of luck

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Well....we are sort of venturing, now, into the 'players we like' arena.

Howard Wilkinson
Alex oo oo Dawson
Dave Turner
Willy Irvine
Harry f***ing Wilson
John Templeman
Stuart Henderson
Fred Binney
Lawro
Foster
And Smith
Robbo
mumble mumble mumble
Terry Connor
Garry Nelson
Gerry Armstrong
mumble burble
Stuart Storer
Kerry Mayo
Jeff Minton
mumble burble
Andy Crosby
Watto
O Gary Hart
Charey Zeevil
Dodge
Darren Freemans Awanka Zawanka
Bobby Zamora.....a good place to stop.
Harry how is token Ted ( token effort when making a challenge)
Dodge as you call him on that list ?
Perhaps I should ask why you liked him ?
Would be more appropriate
Most of the other names I concur with
But the ones who appeared in black and white or sepia
I never saw play 😁

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry how is token Ted ( token effort when making a challenge)
Dodge as you call him on that list ?
Perhaps I should ask why you liked him ?
Would be more appropriate
Most of the other names I concur with
But the ones who appeared in black and white or sepia
I never saw play 😁
Bit long for a Haiku

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I wonder what RDZ said/did to Solly to tease out the inner goals that were always there but never quite broke the surface?

If you could bottle that, you'd make millions. RDZ's elixir of success.
'Release your career goals'. Buy the book. Sign up for email alerts for when the follow-up is published. Subscribe to the channel. Join the online course.

I can see it all now.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry you didn’t answer my question re Dodge ?
(the man almost as fond of making a tackle as Wendy )
Ted not you , just to clarify
I was referring to Paul Rogers, important player during the start of the phoenix years, latterly an ex-employer, sacked in 2017 for gross misconduct.

Perhaps stretching the legend epithet a bit too far.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wonder what RDZ said/did to Solly to tease out the inner goals that were always there but never quite broke the surface?

If you could bottle that, you'd make millions. RDZ's elixir of success.
'Release your career goals'. Buy the book. Sign up for email alerts for when the follow-up is published. Subscribe to the channel. Join the online course.

I can see it all now.....
Played him as a winger consistently and told him, "we both know it's your best position. Now go and smash it."
Is my guess.

Many on here have slated his "end product" when he's being playing in defensive minded teams and a different position every week, often changing mid game.
No surprise his stats have improved, playing as an attacker week in week out, for 20 odd games.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I was referring to Paul Rogers, important player during the start of the phoenix years, latterly an ex-employer, sacked in 2017 for gross misconduct.

Perhaps stretching the legend epithet a bit too far.
Fully aware of Teds playing career and then hasty exit from the club in his post football position
Just curious as to what he did for you to include him in the list ?
personally he induced an inner groan when I saw him on the team sheet 😠 not a fan myself

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To answer OP's question: Nope, Solly falls short of Albion Legend status. Probably needs Mentioning In Despatches this season tho for transformation from Least Confident Player (under Potter and - to be fair - every previous manager) to Most Improved Player (under RDZ). It's almost like having a new signing :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow. You could start by quoting my post in full :wozza:
Why did I need to quote the whole post - I agree with you that he's most improved, although I wouldn't say he was that short of confidence under Potter, just that he's now really confident and playing amazingly under Roberto - but that's not what I'm disagreeing with you about.

How on earth can you not see that he's a Brighton legend? He's local, played his entire career here, scored the goal that got us to the PL, and has played most matches every season we've been in the PL (except when he had that long injury). He's helped defend, he gets assists and now he scores goals too.

I don't know how many players you think make legend status, but what can they all have done to compete with that?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why did I need to quote the whole post - I agree with you that he's most improved, although I wouldn't say he was that short of confidence under Potter, just that he's now really confident and playing amazingly under Roberto - but that's not what I'm disagreeing with you about.

How on earth can you not see that he's a Brighton legend? He's local, played his entire career here, scored the goal that got us to the PL, and has played most matches every season we've been in the PL (except when he had that long injury). He's helped defend, he gets assists and now he scores goals too.

I don't know how many players you think make legend status, but what can they all have done to compete with that?
There's more than a few candidates for 'Albion Legend' who fall into that category simply because nobody else ever showed very much interest in signing them :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's more than a few candidates for 'Albion Legend' who fall into that category simply because nobody else ever showed very much interest in signing them :shrug:
I've no idea what your point is there.

Can you provide a list of players you think are Albion legends, and what they've done to achieve that status.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
But like Dunk, he's not actually had to move club to get regular first team football at a club in the PL. He has been a first pick for most of the years he has been in the squad, bar a time when he was injured. The fact that other teams have bought him ain't Solly's fault.

I am sure that in twenty or so years time, my son will be hopefully telling his kids about the great Robert de Zerbi team of the 20s, just like I bore mine about Peter Ward et al, and when he does, Solly will be one of the first name he mentions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here