Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Saturday our first “Must win” game of the season?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m beginning to fall out of love with the football recently I haven’t even tried getting the day off work if a game falls on my shift on. 4 friends have now decided to not renew their season tickets and will downgrade to just members and keep the loyalty points they have and just go to a few games that we could possibly win eg not a top 8 side. Part of me is thinking do I give it another season along with my boy or do I chuck it and get some golf membership instead, seriously considering it especially if we will capitulate against huddersfield. Have until mid March to decide I wonder if others will. It’s a shame but it’s either the team, Chris or just the premiership that is so so boring ohh along with no bottle tops now

Good riddance. Support your team through thick and thin.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m beginning to fall out of love with the football recently I haven’t even tried getting the day off work if a game falls on my shift on. 4 friends have now decided to not renew their season tickets and will downgrade to just members and keep the loyalty points they have and just go to a few games that we could possibly win eg not a top 8 side. Part of me is thinking do I give it another season along with my boy or do I chuck it and get some golf membership instead, seriously considering it especially if we will capitulate against huddersfield. Have until mid March to decide I wonder if others will. It’s a shame but it’s either the team, Chris or just the premiership that is so so boring ohh along with no bottle tops now

Fair points. Paying large sums out of disposable income to watch losses, with the occasional win, can be questioned. Plenty of other clubs fans question life in the PL too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good riddance. Support your team through thick and thin.

he’s merely saying after all the thin, if the PL represents the thick bit we’re all supposed to enjoy as our reward then frankly it ain’t all that. Not exactly an unfair or unshared observation made by many others.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Udders are gone. 3 points dropped to them won’t be terminal.

However, we simply must beat Cardiff & Southampton at home or else we’re Championship fodder.

This is my take on Saturday as well. The Cardiff and Southampton games are far more important. Saying that however, we do need to beat 'udders just to gain some momentum and self belief.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We are going through a transition period, adding more attack to our defensive game and you can see by how many shots on goal that we have that this part is progressing. If a quarter of them had gone in we wouldn't habe a problem. If we survive this season the I think we wlll improve more on this. Fail to see how Murray didn't score when it was 1 - 0 though, could have shaken the Foxes up a bit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is my take on Saturday as well. The Cardiff and Southampton games are far more important. Saying that however, we do need to beat 'udders just to gain some momentum and self belief.

I’m sorry but if you have any designs on staying in the Premier League you have to be able to beat the bottom team at home.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Squad quality a more pressing need.
No, team quality, not squad quality. We built up the squad in last summer's window, but without improving the team (intentionally or not, we went for quantity over quality). This summer we need quality - a couple of players who are better than any we've currently got, who will go straight into the team at the expense of current automatic choices, with no fannying about for months 'settling in'.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
There are 3 clearly worse teams than us, Hudds, Fulham and Cardiff who will almost certainly all go down. Unfortunately we've lost to 2 of them this season, so yes Saturday is a must win, we need to go all out to secure those 3 points.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
What?

Cardiff...we lost to them in Cardiff....Southampton..we were two nil down and scraped a draw...Bournemouth are a far better side than us...Newcastle are on fire at the moment. Man City are the best side in the world ....remind me where the potential games are?

Are you serious?
You are suggesting Cardiff and Southampton home games are not potentially winnable because we didn’t win away to them?
You, along with others need to get a grip.
Huddersfield is a massive game, no doubt about that but we won’t be relegated on Saturday if we lose.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There are 3 clearly worse teams than us, Hudds, Fulham and Cardiff who will almost certainly all go down. Unfortunately we've lost to 2 of them this season, so yes Saturday is a must win, we need to go all out to secure those 3 points.

Fulham and Cardiff are doomed.

I would be shocked if Cardiff got another 4 points.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What?

Cardiff...we lost to them in Cardiff....Southampton..we were two nil down and scraped a draw...Bournemouth are a far better side than us...Newcastle are on fire at the moment. Man City are the best side in the world ....remind me where the potential games are?
This, we are easy meat at the moment and always susceptible to conceding first, and if we do, we don't come back usually.

If we go ahead teams know that if they batter us we will crack and concede as at Fulham. Our home " Form " is not what it was either and " winnable " matches are all now potential banana skins. Going to be difficult from here on in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here