Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Revell the next Richie Barker?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ritchie Barker didn't like being away from sheffield, that's why he was crap for us. Also his dad being ill at the time, along with the fact he was part of the worst Brighton team ever didn't help matters.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I rate Revell and was sad to see him go as i feel he would get better and better for us, He will stay playing in the football leagues more many years to come, and be a good player

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Southend are a big club..." (AR quote from Argus)

?!? Are you sure Alex? I wish you well and thanks for your efforts with us, but you might be deluding yourself somewhat.

PG

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
Ritchie Barker didn't like being away from sheffield, that's why he was crap for us. Also his dad being ill at the time, along with the fact he was part of the worst Brighton team ever didn't help matters.

agreed but saying that minton and thomas provided better service than our current crop of midfielders. We need another winger/creative midfielder...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
"Southend are a big club..." (AR quote from Argus)

?!? Are you sure Alex? I wish you well and thanks for your efforts with us, but you might be deluding yourself somewhat.

PG

I presume by this he means Brighton are not. That is a view shared by most people outside sussex and many in the county. Must say though I have never thought Southend "A big club"

Wish him well and will miss his non stop running. Just a shame his conversion of chances to goals was not high although he did seem to be getting better with Forster.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I presume by this he means Brighton are not. That is a view shared by most people outside sussex and many in the county. Must say though I have never thought Southend "A big club"

{PG} I'm not sure he meant that necessarily. I suspect its because he's come from non-league Essex and so his perspective is a bit warped. If we signed someone from Lewes, they are more likely to perceive us as a BIG club than if we signed someone from non-league in the Midlands, for example.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here