Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Pre-Season a bit "light"?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
So far we have the four pre-season friendlies, 3 of which are against PL teams.

Anyone else at all concerned this seems a bit light, not very varied and not nicely ramped up ahead of such a (potentially) long season? Especially considering two of the four will be probably 45 minutes maximum per player?

Am I panicking over nothing?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Anyone else at all concerned this seems a bit light, not very varied and not nicely ramped up ahead of such a (potentially) long season? Especially considering two of the four will be probably 45 minutes maximum per player?

Just making sure the players are fresh enough to deal with the relegation run in in April//May.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

No. No.

Yes.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They’ll probably be playing a couple of behind doors friendlies also.

They have in prior seasons. Could see Portsmouth or Southampton being invited.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No, it’ll be just right.

The days of clubs playing loads of pre season friendlies are past, the players don’t get enough out of it. The level of training/coaching sessions has improved dramatically over recent years and they are far more beneficial to the players than friendlies.

The amount of pre season game time needed for individual players (they’re all different) will be accurately assessed by our sports scientists to ensure fitness levels are where they need to be but that’s it. Tactics/performance wise, they mean nothing.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What? All the new players have to be written off after 5 minutes of their first pre-season game. It's the rules.
No videos of Joao Pedro knocking in the goals during training so far, so I'm assuming he is yet to find the barn door.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
When George Parris used to come back for pre season, he was never light.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have a large enough squad to play some competitive matches working on specific arrangements both offensively and defensively. Time with RDZ is more important than playing Crawley on a Friday night

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Leeds are playing 7 or 8 against top opposition and the dullards will show total shock when one or two players miss the season with bad injuries. were about right. Squad is basically totally intact to date, less Ally Mac, so no real need to risk anyone in excessive games. Its going to be a long enough season as it is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, it’ll be just right.

The days of clubs playing loads of pre season friendlies are past, the players don’t get enough out of it. The level of training/coaches sessions has improved dramatically over recent years and they are far more beneficial to the players than friendlies.

The amount of pre season game time needed for individual players (they’re all different) will be accurately assessed by our sports scientists to ensure fitness levels are where they need to be but that’s it. Tactics/performance wise, they mean nothing.
Boring but true

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
When my mate saw the pre-season schedule, he said it was shitehouse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They’ll probably be playing a couple of behind doors friendlies also.

They have in prior seasons. Could see Portsmouth or Southampton being invited.
I'd rather we had some serious opposition tbh, not these noddy league clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here