Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Potter 1 game away from being sacked?

Should Potter be sacked if we don’t beat Norwich?

• Don’t be silly he is doing alright

Votes: 206 84.4%
  • 7 games without a win - sack him

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So who would we replace him with? What quality managers are sitting there waiting for a call from Tony Bloom?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
How can you blame Potter when the club’s dealings in January, when we were in the strongest/best position we have EVER been in the top flight, were a ****ing disgrace. MASSIVE lack of ambition. The squad was actually weakened FFS. I personally copped the hump slightly watching Tony lording it at Chelmsford earlier. I also couldn’t give a flying **** about USG.

Potter has TWO strikers in the whole squad, one is a crock and the other is consistently inconsistent. How is that ‘top 10’? The club are spinning us a load of drivel.

I’d turn this around if I was Potter, this summer back me or sack me.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think there will be a lot of crowd discontentment shown if the team perform in the same manner they have for the last 4 home games against Norwich and fail to win. Yet it is a real possibility.

The performances , from players and manager, have not been good enough . However, the Albion are not going to sack Potter whatever we feel.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I make that 12 home wins for Potter from 53 home games. A 22.6% win rate. Make of that what you will.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's an isolated series of defeats.

A long series, I'll grant you, but....

6 in a row so far, H.

A slip up at home against a Norwich side battling against relegation would be 7.

We're not great against teams near the bottom. And our strikers aren't exactly making the keeper work at the moment.

Then away games against Arsenal, Spurs and Man City.

10 consecutive losses isn't out of the question.

And I say that as someone who's been Potter-in from the start and loves the expansive style that he's brought.

He's been badly let down regarding the transfer market, but it's still a results-business regardless.

I hope he turns it round quickly otherwise all the good work of earlier in the season will be for nothing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bloom will not get rid, yet we are currently putting on a ballet starring wrestlers.

Get rid of the choreographer or get rid of the stars? Or teach wrestlers how to pas de deux? We're currently attempting the third and I'm not sure it's working.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bloom will not get rid, yet we are currently putting on a ballet starring wrestlers.

Get rid of the choreographer or get rid of the stars? Or teach wrestlers how to pas de deux? We're currently attempting the third and I'm not sure it's working.

If in doubt, sign yet another ACM technician with little pace who can’t score.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The team simply have to start well v Norwich, I fear it will turn REALLY toxic if that game follows the pattern of the last 6.

The break will hopefully do some good. Desperate for both Webster and Mwepu to be available for 2nd April.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The guy is ****ing useless. Now others have spotted that fact.
Literally one month ago, we were about to play Man Utd with serious ambitions of winning that game, which in turn would have triggered European football talk.

Where were you with your "he's f###ing useless" then?

Not that he hasn't got questions to answer. He's no world beater but the problems we're seeing are not entirely his fault.

The loss of Burn and Ashworth have affected the club more than anyone would have expected, and on the pitch things have just unravelled. Sanchez looks village, Trossard is anonymous every game, we don't look like scoring, our defence is shaky. But these are mostly the same players that up until 4 weeks ago were playing superbly. That's why I go back to Burn and Ashworth leaving making all the difference.

We have a big summer ahead of us, especially for Potter.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Not a chance he is sacked. 6 losses is bad but 3 of them are against Liverpool, Spurs, & United.

our remaining 9 fixtures contain Spurs, Arsenal, City, Utd, Wolves, and West Ham. Is it ok to all lose those too? I reckon we are going to just about scrape another 4 points this season. We are in full blown Hughton 2018/19 mode and the football is almost as painful to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here