[Albion] Is Potter 1 game away from being sacked?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Potter be sacked if we don’t beat Norwich?

• Don’t be silly he is doing alright

Votes: 206 84.4%
  • 7 games without a win - sack him

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The fans no longer believe, it seems the players don’t either anymore, we have a carousel of injured key players, the manager has had his squad weakened and we have zero luck. Lack of backing has done for Potter, he should walk away and wait for a club with the finances to implement the style he wants to play. I am still a massive GP fan but he has taken us as far as he can as an Albion manager imo. We need a younger Roy Hodgson to play the type of football our budget is good for. I won’t like it but a pragmatic CH style football is what we need given our project’s finances. Most fans will be delighted with a backs to the wall 1-0 win at home

:lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The fans no longer believe, it seems the players don’t either anymore, we have a carousel of injured key players, the manager has had his squad weakened and we have zero luck. Lack of backing has done for Potter, he should walk away and wait for a club with the finances to implement the style he wants to play. I am still a massive GP fan but he has taken us as far as he can as an Albion manager imo

I don't disagree with that.

GP could have and may still do himself a favour by trying a plan B or C . . . he doesn't have to play walk it in tic-tacs every week.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Potter clearly isn't doing alright at the moment.

Hughton's worst run of consecutive defeats during the shambolic 10 points from the last 17 games was 4.

Potter's now on 6 and counting.

That said, I don't think Potter will be sacked.

He's been let down by player sales of key defenders without adequate replacements.

And a failure to improve our striking options which has contributed 1 goal in the last 9 hours of football.

We've never properly replaced Glenn Murray.

Not yet but I can easily see him being given a card and a carriage clock the second the season is over, a la Hughton.

Bloom takes stock at the end of each season. We know this. I’d imagine he’s more than faintly underwhelmed with recent developments.

Such a shame. All the early promise falling apart. The chances are we shall come to look at those first five matches, with some frankly fortunate wins, as having done the heavy lifting for the entire season. Without that start we’d be right in the poop.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm getting a bit bored with all this 'should we sack the manager' after every defeat. We're Brighton, not Sunderland, or Manchester United. FFS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm getting a bit bored with all this 'should we sack the manager' after every defeat. We're Brighton, not Sunderland, or Manchester United. FFS.

It’s not an isolated defeat. It’s a series of defeats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We sold Ben White and Dan Burn for 63M £ and didn't get any replacement

Agree.

I have said before, our preferred formation is 5 at the back which needs 5 or 6 players who can play at centre back. Selling two, and not replacing them, has turned out to be a stupid decision and means we can’t play our natural game. This, and Ashworth and Morley leaving, is clearly affecting moral. I’m not sure Potter is to blame for most of this.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Out of interest, how many defeats in a row do we have to endure before we are allowed to start talking about replacing the manager?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’d thrive at a Leicester or Newcastle with a proper budget. They’d give him players with pace and goals, the Albion either can’t afford that, or flatly refuse in 5 years to go down the pace route of Wolves/CP.

In essence, we’re a very poor man’s Citeh, a possession based team based on playing chess to make openings. Incredibly hard to achieve success in that mould with a budget that’s, for example, a third of Villa’s.

Sitting ducks for the 15+ clubs that craftily wait for our rope-a-duck mistake to destroy us on the counter.

Yep, so best if he quits and waits for a club who’ll back him. He is now on a hiding to nothing

He is likely to lose Biss and Trossard in the summer and be expected to promote from the squad and the under 23s.

I think his ambition may prove to be more than that

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not yet but I can easily see him being given a card and a carriage clock the second the season is over, a la Hughton.

Bloom takes stock at the end of each season. We know this. I’d imagine he’s more than faintly underwhelmed with recent developments.

Such a shame. All the early promise falling apart. The chances are we shall come to look at those first five matches, with some frankly fortunate wins, as having done the heavy lifting for the entire season. Without that start we’d be right in the poop.

I’m pretty underwhelmed that he hasn’t been backed but it’s not my money so I am not complaining

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Out of interest, how many defeats in a row do we have to endure before we are allowed to start talking about replacing the manager?

What’s fairly obvious is that Bloom sees the long term in all this.
We haven’t been relegated so far and we will still possibly get a record haul this season. So he isn’t going to worry too much about immediate results. Overall he will see two things: survival and a relative improvement.
It’s frustrating for us that we haven’t pushed on from our good start and fortune this season, but he simply isn’t going to sack Potter unless overall he sees us going backwards. Right now it FEELS like we are going backwards but the reality is we aren’t, even if things are mind numbingly disappointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports